CHAPTER 5

|MAYA|

After the function, Maya was sitting on the couch while thinking about the marriage and Karthik. Her eyes keep getting wet and wiping them.

She was sitting in the make-up room getting ready for the reception function. She wears a sky-blue gown, she looks at the door when she hears the knock.

She wipes her tears and opens the door. She saw her mother-in-law standing near the door with a box.

“Yes Mom,” she asked while looking at the box. “It's a small gift from me and his father” " she said with a smile and opened the box.

It was a simple necklace. It was so beautiful, she looked at her and smiled. “Thank you so much,” she said as her mother-in-law took the necklace and wore it around Maya’s neck.

"Get ready fast and come to the wedding hall for a photoshoot! I will go now, We have rituals at home too... So I need to arrange it!" She said with a soft smile.

Time skip, Maya and Karthik were sitting in the car, and Maya kept wiping her tears. "Can you stop crying?!" He asked annoyingly and rolled his eyes.

Maya looks away and wipes her tears. Her life turns upside down after this marriage, after his hurtful words to her.

After reaching his mansion, they both walked out of the car. She saw everyone looking at her with a soft smile. She tried to smile at them while holding back her tears.

|KARTHIK|

His eyes were searching for his niece. He didn't see her today, he was feeling guilty for yelling at her yesterday night.

He saw Ahvi standing behind his amma, Seetha. His mom was holding a lamp for Maya. Karthik looked at Maya, she was trying so hard to hold back her tears and smiles.

His mom gives her the lamp, "Put your right leg first and get in dear!" She said as she gave way to Maya. Maya walks inside and puts the lamp in front of the prayer room.

Karthik was just watching it. His 2nd brother Krishna was looking at his younger brother. He walks near him, "Smile Karthik!" He said as Karthik rolled his eyes and forced a smile.

Maya looks back at everyone and smiles.

Karthik's eyes were searching for his niece Ahvi. He kept Looking for her. "Where is Ahvi?" He asked Sameera.

"She is with Amma," She said as she patted his shoulder.

A few hours later, Maya's relatives and parents come to his mansion. Her step-mom Thara was standing near her with her daughter Thira.

She looks at Karthik. She holds his hands and gives him a soft smile, "Karthik... Even though Maya is not my daughter I love her as my daughter, She is just like Thira. I never had a chance to show my motherly love to her as much as she needed but I tried to. Please take care of her, I hope she will be safe at your house!" There said as she wiped her tears.

Maya's eyes get teary as she hugs her mother. She cries on her shoulder, the sadness she was trying to hold just bursts out as tears.

"Shh... Don't cry dear! It's your day!" Thara said while wiping Maya's tears and kissing her forehead.

After the party, everyone went to their houses. It's just her and her in-laws. She tries to smile and be happy.

"Maya... Here this milk!" Savithri gives a glass of milk and smiles at her.

She holds the glass and walks to their bedroom. When she looked around, she didn't see anyone. She sighs and sits on the bed and waits for her husband.

She looks at the time and yawns. It's already 11:30 pm. After a few minutes of waiting, he walks into the room, and an odor of alcohol spread throughout the room.

She gulps and gets up, Karthik is standing in front of her with red puffy eyes. "You.....you.....-" he kept muttering.

Maya's eyes get teary, and a similar memory starts coming to her mind... The alcohol smell, the belt sound... The moans everything is coming to her mind.

"I-I hate you.... I hate you so much! Don't ever think about me loving you!!" he yelled while punching the wall as Maya flinched in worry.

Maya took some proper breath and gained her courage.

"Why did you agree to this marriage if you hate me this much? To ruin my life?!" She asked.

Karthik rolled his eyes and wiped his tears...

"For my amma! Maya... I don't like you, I hate the fact we are married... I hate your presence near me... And also just don't
touch my things and don't ever open that door... Ever!"

He said while pointing at a locked wardrobe inside their room.