Chapter 26

The next day turned out stormy and both of them couldn't go out. It was only 9 am in the morning but the environment was gloomy and looking like almost evening.

Kartik was again ignoring her after their late night romance. Sara was getting irritated by his constant changing of behaviours.

The wind was blowing terrifically outside, mirroring the turmoil within Sara's heart. She sat by the window, watching the rain lash against the glass, feeling the weight of the unspoken words hanging between her and Kartik.

"Main yah to koi galti kar rahi hu yah fir confusion main jee rahi hu. Agar uss din Mrigesh k ghar woh sab gehne aag main feke na hote to woh special locket bhi rehti jaha sab record hua hoga paar fir Kartik bhi to nahi milta. Paar itne threats bhi nahi hote"

Sara buried her face to her hand and a loud thunder was heard outside. Suddenly she looked up and saw outside her room by the opened door. She stood up and went towards the study room.

Kartik was sitting in his study room, his mind consumed by thoughts of Sara. He could hear thunderstorm outside and his heart clenched at the thought of the threats. He longed to keep Sara safe, even if it meant sacrificing his life and staying away from her.

"Sara tumhari jaan pe jo bhi khatra hain un sab ka jimmedaar hu main. Kese maine itni badi bewkoofi kar di ki tumse tumhari saari khusiyaan cheen li. Meri saja ab yehi hain ki sab kuch sort karne ke baad main tumhari jindegi main nahi rahunga. Tumne mujhse mohabbat kiya bohot kaam time ke liye hi sahi paar woh kheyal hi mere jeene ke liye kaafi hain" Kartik was chuckling sadly while saying these lines. His head was resting on the chair he was sitting and he was staring on the top.

"Aur meri jindegi ke faisle tumhe lene ki izazat kisne de diya Kartik"

Kartik turned around and saw Sara. Her teary eyes were glaring at him angrily. He couldn't comprehend weather she was heartbroken,upset or angry.

He stood up and she closed the door behind.

"Bolo Kartik mujhe khudse alag karke protection dena chahte ho. Paar main kya chahti hu woh tumne pucha?" Sara was taking steps towards him while delivering her words.

"Sara jo tum nahi janti uss baare main baat na hi karo to accha rahega"

"Kya nahi janti main Kartik. Batao mujhe"

"Main batana jaroori nahi samajhta" Kartik said coldly looking away from her.

"Meri jindegi hain yeh Kartik. Everything started from me and everything is still revolving around me"

"Yes and that's why I know about the danger lurking behind you"

"To kya iss sab ke jimmedaar tum ho ki tum khudko mujhse alag karna chahte ho?"

"Mene saath diya tha uss Mrigesh ka. Na main saath deta na hi tum in sab cheezo main fasti"

"Kis liye diya tha Kartik? Kya reason tha? Please batao"

"Kuch nahi tha Sara" Kartik said lowering his gaze.

"Kartik tum mujhe apne aap se alag karke kya karoge? Kese mujhe protect karoge? Haan mana ki tumhare bohot se evil competitors aur enemies hain. Paar shayad tum vhul rahe ho ki main lawyer hu aur khatra to mere upar tumse jyada hain. Aur kaha nahi hain...accident ke darr se raste main chalna bandh kar doge? dubne ke darr se sea aur beaches nahi jaoge?"

"Sara tum itni philosophy kiu suna rahi ho? Mujhe yeh sab dialogues pata hain"

"To kiu esa kar rahe ho?"

"Because mujhe tumse chutkara chahiye" Kartik raised his voice.

"Kya?" Sara left his arms that she was holding tight till then

"Haan kiuki tumhare andar jara si bhi self respect nahi hain. Kesi ladki ho yaar ki jiss insaan ne tumhe dhoka diye uske saath rehna chahti ho?" Kartik said calming down his voice clenching his fist.

"Shut up Kartik" Sara shouted glaring at him like a wounded tigress.

"Don't raise your voice little mice. Mujhe tumse koi pyaar wyaar nahi hain paar haan ek hamdardi hain kiuki tum ho hi weak aur isiliye madad kar raha hu. Warna tumhari jesi ladki ko kon pyaar karega jiske andar self respect tak nahi"
Kartik couldn't complete as a hard slap hit him making a loud noise.

Kartik caressed his cheek and tried composing him.

"Himmat kese hui tumhari"

Kartik didn't say a word and sat on the chair lowering his gaze. Sara was storming out but after opening the door, she turned around and said,

"Tum vhul rahe ho ki main jab yaha ayi thi to tum khudse kya baat kar rahe the woh sab suni thi. Tumhari saja hogi paar khudko mujhse dur karke nahi balki mujhe hamesha ke liye kho deke" saying this Sara went away.

Kartik took a grip over a water glass and broke it in his hand causing blood flowing mercilessly.

Sara ran to their room and sank into the floor. She screamed her lungs out in pain and agony...

"I hate you Kartik Chauhan. Isiliye nahi ki tumne mujhe kya kya bola isiliye kiuki main janti hu ki tumne jooth bola. I hate you kiuki tum pyaar ke liye thoda sa bhi selfish nahi ho pa rahe ho. I hate you kiuki tum mujhe protect karne ke liye coward ban rahe ho. I hate you kiuki tum khudko aur mujhe baas taqleef de rahe ho. I hate you"

She was sobbing unaware of Kartik standing outside the room. He was dying with every breathe. His hand was bruised and some blood was dripping occasionally. He went downstairs and took first aid. Though it was raining heavily but he was about to go outside without any umbrella or raincoat. But he felt someone passing behind him and he felt a cold shiver running to his backbone. He looked around but there was no one. He didn't feel alright to leave Sara alone even in the house and he closed the door deciding to stay.

Sara didn't leave her room and Kartik tried to read a book but couldn't focus.

Sara came outside almost during afternoon. Her eyes first caught the sight of blood stains on the floor outside her room

"Yaha kya hua" She asked one of their staff.

"Mam woh sir ke haat main chot lag gayi"

"Kese?"

"Pata nahi mam paar kaanch ke tukde haato main the"

"Tumhare sir ne kuch khaya?"

"Nahi mam unhone kaha ki bhook nahi hain aur unhe bilkul disturb na karne ko"

"Ab isse khudko bimaar karna hain" Sara thought.

They didn't face each other the rest of the day.

It was around 9pm. The storm was subsided on early evening. Now the sky was getting clear of its clouds and the moon was growing visible.

Sara came outside and tiptoed to the study. She slightly opened the door but to her surprise, he wasn't there anymore. She quickly got down.

"Kartik kaha hain?"

"Mam Sir shayad kisi aur room main hain. Rest kar rahe hain"

"Konse room main?"

"Shayad upper side ke left corner wale kisi room main"

Sara rushed upstairs before she got too late. But she made a mistake which she was afraid that Kartik would make.

"Kartik" She called him almost like a shout.

He came out of a room and saw Sara standing in front of a room.

"Sara...kya hua?" he asked coming towards him.

"Don't come near to me" Sara turned to him.

Kartik thought she was angry with him that's why saying so until he saw.....

That's all for today readers.🦋

Maybe this is the second last chapter and I will be wrapping up with the next one. I thought about a few more chapters though but then realised that it would be unnecessarily lengthy and boring.

I don't know whether I could write a little bit good but I literally love writing this story.💕🦋

Do votes and Comments

Signing off💞