Chapter 12

The driver was driving way too slow and Kartik frustratedly asked,

"Kal ghar pouchane ka irada hain?"

The driver fumbled in fear saying, "Sir..woh mala madam ji ne kaha ki unhe ap dono ki sawagat ki tyaari karni hain to unki gaari ko agee jane de aur hum thoda aista chalaye"

Seeing the way the driver stammered in fear, Sara realised that the softness of Kartik was just an act to impress her because other than that even his personal staffs were afraid of him let alone the others.

She took out her phone and started dialing her mother. Till then her mother must have known the situation via news. 

"Yeh phone se hi tumne call kiya tha?"

"Haan emergency ke liye rakhti hu" 

Sara's mom received.

"Mom.." Sara managed to say.

"I am in the airport and by the first flight, I am coming to Delhi then tomorrow I will be in Mumbai" Sara's mom said sternly and cut the call.

Sara sighed removing the phone from her ear and staring at the phone, she said,

"Kal meri mom aa rahi hain"

"Oh..."

Sara rested her head to the seat and kept staring outside. Kartik forwarded his hand to take the bottle of water and Sara jerked. Kartik's heart clenched in agony seeing Sara getting scared by his movement or in his presence. The comfort she used to feel was long gone then

Kartik took the bottle and Sara got back in her position. 

"Sara I know maine ek galti kari hain paar trust me uss din woh disguise leke uske ghar jaake saaf keh diya tha ki woh tumhara picha chod de. Uspe paise tak fek ke aya tha. Trust me main nahi chahta tha yeh sab ho. Woh business client tha mera aur mera dimaag kharab ho gaya tha ki maine yeh sab kiya" Kartik finished his words sadly. 

Sara remembered the shattered money on the floor that day and somewhere she believed him but keeping her gaze outside looking at the darkness of the sky, she said, 

"I don't trust you a bit Kartik. Aur kya farak padta hain tum ab bhi uske saath mile hue ho yah nahi. Meri licence cancel hogi hi. Koi proof nahi hain. At least woh edit karne wala yah raw footages bhi milte to kuch ho sakta. Paar usne sab destroy kar diya hoga. Ab agar woh confess kare to kuch ho sakta hain. Warna meri jindegi ka koi matlab nahi"

"Sara I promise saboot kisi bhi haal paar main leke aunga" Kartik said motivating her.

"Mujhe tumhare aur kisi help ki jaroorat nahi hain Kartik baas mujhe tum akela chod do" Sara said blankly. 

Kartik didn't get to say anything as the car stopped in front of their home. 

Kartik's mom did the ritual to welcome them. Sara looked around the house. It was way more large and beautiful than Mr.Mrigesh's one. 

"Kartik Sara ko kamre main leke ja aur fresh ho jao dono" Kartik's mom said and they left.

Kartik started going upstairs to his room and Sara followed him silently. While climbing the stairs, Sara felt e sharp pain in her leg. She might got a sprain during the chaos. She winced a bit and Kartik turned to her.