Chapter 15

Confusion clouded her mind for a moment as she remembered the events of the previous night. She understood that the hand of him she caught in fear during that dream was actually him in real. He didn't break her sleep and stayed there the entire night.

"Kiu kar rahe ho yeh sab Kartik" Sara thought looking at his sleeping figure.

A small smile tugged at the corners of her lips looking at his peaceful expression like a baby while sleeping. She couldn't find a slight discomfort in him sleeping like this...Was she the reason?

Even she couldn't deny the comfort she felt in his presence. She brushed her fingers over his hands which were intertwined with her and then carefully freed his hand. She felt overwhelmed with emotions she couldn't name yet.

But amidst the confusion and turmoil, Sara couldn't shake off the memories of past betrayals and heartaches.

Sara's fingers hesitatingly brushed against Kartik's hair to wake him up and tell him to get on the bed and sleep properly. She felt a rush of affection for him while brushing his hair with fingers. She softly called him,

"Kartik..."

Kartik stirred a bit and with a cute frown he mumbled in sleep,

"Kavu yaar sone do!"

Sara's heart skipped a bit and she again said,

"Kartik wake up" this time a bit sternly.

"Kavya" he mumbled again.

A rush of conflicting emotions surged within Sara. Who is kavya? Is she his gf? Is she someone special to him? he loves someone! Did he hide it from the first? He is married to her then how could he think someone else?"

Doubts and insecurities overpowered her all other sentiments. Despite her best efforts to suppress the rising tide of jealousy, Sara couldn't shake off the nagging feeling of unease that settled in the pit of her stomach. Then suddenly anger overwhelmed and she took the glass of water from bedside table and poured it on him.

Wide-eyed and bewildered, Kartik blinked rapidly, trying to make sense of his sudden awakening and the drenched state he found himself in.

"Tum pagal ho gayi ho kya Sara?" he said standing up.

"Tum uth nahi rahe the" Sara said looking away from him.

"I stayed with you the entire time and yeh inaam diya tumne?" Kartik said in frustration.

"Kisne kaha tha rukne ko? bed pe sojate aur shanti se apni kavuuuu ko dekhte sapne main!" she put pressure on the word Kavu.

Confusion etched across his features as he looked up at Sara, his gaze searching for an explanation amidst the chaos.

"Kavu? Kavya? tumhe kese..." Kartik asked.

"Abhi nind main jab uske saath romance kar rahe the na tab uska hi naam le rahe the!" Sara said in anger. She didn't wait for his reply and went to get a shower and get ready. He kept standing wet.

"Iska screw asal main hi dhila hain" Kartik said doing a facepalm.

"Ahh wait a minute, yeh jealous ho gayi?" Kartik thought confusingly and then smirked.

Sara came out drying her hair with a towel and looked at him sitting on the bed with his phone. She was in a white kurti and comfy plazo. She ignored him and went to the dressing table. He saw her with his side eyes and then went to get freshen up.

"Huh...yaha main gussa hu aur isne koi explanation bhi nahi diya" She thought and then mind slapped herself for feeling like this.

Suddenly Kartik shouted,