Chapter 25

Sara remained in his arms. She wanted to feel the warmth as long as she could.

Kartik stirred from sleep and found Sara nestled in his arms, her eyes closed as if in slumber. He sadly chuckled,

"Tumhe roj subah dekhne ki adat si ho gayi hain Sara..."

Sara, pretending to be asleep, listened to his words, her heart aching at the thought of their separation they were destined for.

"Adat badal paoge?" Sara opened her eyes looking at him.

"Tum jaag gayi?" Kartik asked composing himself.

"Haan..." Kartik was about to get up but she stopped him.

"Bolo na Kartik adat badal payoge?"

"Kuch adat badal lena behtar hain Sara" Kartik didn't look at her after replying and quickly left.

Sara's heart shattered by his words. But she didn't have time for this. She remembered something from yesterday night. Something that she hid from Kartik. Something that could help solving all of their problems.

Sara and Kartik left for their respective works.

Around 5 pm,

Sara got a call from Kartik.

"Sara where are you?" Kartik's tone was cold.

"Main baas car main hu ghar ja rahi hu"

"Sara tum aaj tumhare office kiu nahi gayi? na hi kisi project sites pe"

"Kya?"

"Haan tum aaj office nahi gayi na? Tum kaha thi?"

"Kartik for your kind information, that's none of your business"

"Sara don't mess with me"

"Ananya ki ek new boutique khul rahi hain waha thi. Khush?"

"Bata nahi sakti thi?"

"Nahi kiuki tumhare chinku pinku mere piche ghumte hain mujhe pata hain. Wese tumhe nahi pata chala ki main exactly kaha gayi thi?"

"Tumhe mujhe pareshaan karne ka shokh jo hain. Main kya nahi samajta ki tum jan bujhke mere guards ko chakma deke kahi bhi chali jati ho"

"To mere piche guards lagate kiu ho?"

"Tumhari safety ke liye dammit" Kartik replied frustratedly banging on something.

"Car ke steering wheel ko bang mat karo aur drive pe focus karo. Warna mere hi car ke saath accident kar doge" saying this she turned around and winked at the car behind hers.

"Tell you driver to stop your fucking car Sara"

"No it will stop at the house"

Though Sara ordered her driver to slow down but not to stop the car.Kartik sped up the car in an extreme level and took a turn to block the way of her car.

Her driver could break at the right moment. Sara got down from the car and closed the car door with a loud bang.

"Tell him to go away" Kartik said stepping outside. Sara signed his driver to go with the car.

"What the hell were you thinking Kartik? Agar mere driver ne ek second late kiya hota break karne main to?"

Kartik pulled her hard to him wrapping his hand around her waist. It was just a few blocks away from their house and it was a secluded place so no one was around.

"Kiu kya hota? agar tumhe apni jaan ki parwah nahi hain to main kiu karu?"

"Maine kya kiya?"

"You knew about the guards following you and you tricked them and went somewhere else. And then I had to come. And you are asking me maine kya kiya?"