Chapter 6

Sara was mentally and physically drained for the day. She just wanted to sleep though it was just 9pm. She didn't have the mood to have dinner.

She had a shower to remove all her exhaustions. She was drying her her with a towel when she heard soft knocking sound.

She didn't have a single idea about any arrival so she just went and opened the door. Kartik was standing there with some packets in his hand.

Kartik's eyes got stuck on her. She just got a shower as she was looking like a enchanting blossom freshly bathed in morning dew or rain. She was glowing like moonlight but her softness and tenderness was worth melting. The floral fragrant shampoo that she used can heal any pain and her damp hair was glistening mildly. Her baggy outfit for a sleep was something that a soul seek for hiding. Although she had a cute frown between her brows.

Sara snapped her fingers to make him come into senses.

"Kartik kaha kho gaye? tum iss wakt yaha?" Sara asked.

"Thank god tum soo nahi gayi" Kartik said smilingly.

"Hmm agar soo jati to tum jiss tarah knock kar rahe the aur bell bhi nahi baja rahe the...main uthti nahi ese!" Sara said rolling her eyes.

"Arey baba tumhe disturb na hol isiliye esa kar raha tha. Ab andar aa sakta hu?"

"Haan haan aa jaw" Sara said and forwarded her hands to help him.

"Tum mat pakro Sara. Your hand is already injured" Kartik said in a scolding tone.

He went inside and kept the packets on her table.

"Ab bataoge bhi?"

"Sorry Sara. I was the one who took you for a coffee and yeh sab ho gaya. So thoda compensation karne ki koshish kar raha hu" Kartik said with utmost sincerity.

"It's ok Kartik paar.."

"Nahi please let me. I brought you Chole Bhature, French fries, Orange juice aur dessert k liye Blueberry cheesecake. Pasand hain na tumhe?"

"Haan...paar yeh sab tumhe kese pata?" Sara asked with a mild confusing look.

"Umm...tum to social media paar active nahi ho paar accounts to hain. Insta pe to nahi hota paar Facebook pe tagged photos dekhi. Jab bhi tum apne doston k saath bahar jati ho tab mostly yeh sab enjoy karti ho. So I thought ki..." Kartik said.

Sara was stunned by his words. She never felt so much loved before. She spent her entire life seeing her mom running for her films and her dad's frustration of not being able to do anything. And being a single child, she just could be her own. She just kept looking at him and her eyes got glossy a bit.

Kartik got nervous and asked,
"Sara are you angry with me? Did I hurt you? Did I do something wrong?"

"No Kartik. Thank you very much for everything. Trust me...I just don't know what to say"

"Are you hurt by any chance?" He asked noticing her eyes.

"Yup...I am starving and you are going to accompany me in finishing these" Sara said looking at him with puppy eyes.

He chuckled and sat down with her. Her house had a beautiful ambience. There was a little dining table with three mismatched chair and soft lighting. He noticed her cozy chair in front of the balcony door alongside with a bookshelf. This girl definitely tried to live a life like the protagonist of a movie....

Kartik didn't let Sara eat using her hands. He made bites for her. She obliged but made sure that he eat too. That's the way they finished their eating. But lastly Sara took a spoon and fed him cheesecake and then treated herself. They did chit-chatting and giggled the entire time.