Chapter 16

It was the starting of their car drive. They reached Chandigarh by their chopper and then the rest of the journey would be proceed slowly. Their final destination would be Chitkul, the last village in Himachal Pradesh at the Indo-Tibetan border. They would shoot a romantic song in Sangla and some scenes in Chitkul and then a tragic scene with a plot twist there amidst the mountains.

Kartik wanted to drive himself so he sent his driver and manager to another car. Sara was beside Kartik as he was driving. It was the time of sun set already. Sara stole a glance at Kartik, his profile bathed in the soft glow of the setting sun and him in a black shirt and black specks with flaunting muscles while driving. She couldn't deny his rugged charm.

Kartik glanced at Sara from the corner of his eye, he couldn't help but admire the way she looked outside the car window, her face illuminated by the golden hues of the setting sun. Her eyes were shining and looked light brown with a bit greenish by the direct sunlight.

"Tumne mujhe bataya nahi?" Kartik asked breaking the silence between them focusing on the way.

"About what?"

"About the land of yours"

"Woh mere nanu ka hain. Aaj subhe Tyagi uncle isiliye aye the. Mera bachpan nanu nani k saath jyada guzra hain. Mere nanu mujhse bohot pyaar karte the isiliye unke estate ki 50% mere naam pe hain. 6 saal pehle jab main 21 ki thi tab mere nanu guzaar gaye paar main jab 20 ki thi tab unhone will bana liya tha. Ab tak papa yeh sab dekhte the ab jab meri shaadi ho chuki hain to sab mere naam pe ho gaya"

"Oh okk"

"Haan to ab Kavya"

"Tumhari sui abhi bhi wahi atki hain?" Kartik chuckled.

"Mat batana to it’s ok. I am just curious nothing else" Sara said turning her focus outside.

"Meri behen hain Sara" Kartik said calmly and his expressions were serious.

"Behen? mummy ne to bataya nahi" Sara said confusingly turning to him.

"It’s complicated Sara. Meri choti behen hain woh. Humare saath nahi rehti. She moved out against my parents' will. I started acting that time coming to Mumbai and they were in Delhi. She liked a boy and moved out paar he left her. Fir ek saal baad usne mujhe firse contact kiya. She had a bad grudge against our parents and prohibited me to interfere in her life though. Mere touch main hain woh paar mummy papa nahi jante"

"Kya karti hain woh?"

"Fashion designer"

"Mummy bata rahi thi tum apne mama ke dono baccho se I mean tumhare cousin behen aur vhai ke close ho"

"Haan...Baat nahi hui hain jab se humari shaadi hui hain...call karna padega" Kartik said

Kartik was awkwardly silent after that. Sara didn’t say anything though but noticed him. They took a break at a hotel some kilometers away from Sangla as Sara was feeling nauseous by their long journey. They stayed in a cottage type place for visitors. It was nicely decorated.

Though Kartik was getting over concerned about safety measures and all so much that Sara literally had to put break on the chaos he created meantime.

"Kartik just stop it and don't overreact. Woh yaha nahi ayega" Sara said after dragging him to their room.

"Risk kiu lena. Pehle hi I want to stay in a more secured place after a mile away. Paar tum jidd karna chodo tab na"

"Kartik please try and understand. Shoot khatam hone ke baad mumbai jaake I will enter to the field to catch him on my own. Tab tak police to hain hi"