Chapter 19

In the crisp morning air of Sangla, Kartik's eyes fluttered open, but instead of finding Sara beside him, there was an empty space. A tinge of worry crept over him as he sat up, scanning the surroundings. When he realised she wasn't in the shower also, he jumped out of his bed and shouted by taking her name. He rushed outside by hearing no response.

Relief washed over him as he watched her sitting on a stone beside the riverbed. She was simply admiring the serene beauty of their surroundings.

He went to her and stood behind. Sara tapped a place beside her indicating him to sit.

"Tumhe kese pata chala ki main hu?" Kartik asked while sitting.

Sara let out a soft barely audible laugh.

"Aaj last shoot hain na?" Sara said focusing on the flowing river

"Haan" Kartik was looking at her. She was in a white dress with a white feather like dupatta which was touching him softly by the gentle breeze. It was a cloudy day and she was looking like a dream of him.

"Agar inn paharo main koi kho jaye to usse koi nahi dundh sakta hain na Kartik?"

"Matlab?" Kartik looked at her confusingly.

"Kuch nahi...meri ulzhe huye baato ko samajhna bohot muskil hain"

"Then give me a chance to understand" Kartik said and their eyes met.

"Yakeen nahi hain...apne taqdeer pe"

"Kiu?"

"Kiuki pyaar to sabhi karte hain paar pyaar karne wale milna kismat ki baat hain...aur kismat jyada acchi nahi hain meri" Sara chuckled.

"To shayad tum abhi tak galat insano se hi pyaar karti ayi ho"

"Pata nahi..." Sara said looking at him

Kartik looked at her and her eyes were brimming with unshed tears.

"Wese ese akele bahar kiu baithi thi without guards?"

"Attacks tumpe ho rahe hain aur darr rahe ho mere liye?" Sara chuckled sadly.

Kartik couldn't reply as she got up and started taking steps without looking back.

Sara and Kartik sat down for breakfast. Kartik was looking at Sara who was still lost. He couldn't figure anything as he didn't know about the shitty news articl and her inner turmoil about everything happening around.

"Sara hum kuch der main hi niklenge Chitkul ke liye"

Sara nodded, a faint smile gracing her lips as she sipped her coffee.

But their moment was interrupted by a sudden appearance of a fangirl, her eyes lighting up as she spotted Kartik. Without hesitation, she rushed over to their table, her excitement palpable as she threw her arms around him. This happened usually like fans taking selfies and hugging him. Sara was used to it.

"Kartik! Oh my gosh, I'm such a huge fan! Can I get a picture with you?" the fangirl exclaimed, barely containing her enthusiasm. Kartik smiled and took a selfie. Sara was watching silently but suddenly after taking the photo the girl kissed Kartik on his cheek and then left. Sara stared at the scene. He sat down and she lowered her gaze to the coffee.

A knot forming in the pit of her stomach and her heart ached. She was not okay at all and these made her worse. She was getting up but Kartik stopped her.

"Jab tak tum mujhe bataogi nahi ki what's bothering you. I am not going to let you leave

"Kuch nahi Kartik baas saboot milne ki chinta..."