Chapter 24

Sara and Kartik lost themselves after that night. They didn't confront each other but suffered miserably inside. Sara made herself busy in business works and Kartik in a new movie shoot and his business as well. They were behaving formally with each other but lost the warmth between them which was making them vulnerable. They were spending sleepless nights. They sat together just to talk about gathering evidences to proof Sara's innocence and get back Sara's licence. Police assumed that Mrigesh escaped the city as there was not even a single trace of him left anywhere around. Sara left her hope for anything new and was going with the flow of life. Kartik was also clueless.

Kartik was not at home due to a night shoot and Sara was alone at home. She wasn't sleepy enough to get on the bed and she didn't remember when was the last time she slept properly. Kartik mostly came late or slept in any other room or stayed in the study room. She had a real bad day at work. She had null knowledge about business. Still she was trying to put her best efforts but sometimes things were getting really tough for her. She craved for Kartik's warm presence. She wanted to hug him tight and sleep. She was sitting on the balcony and chuckled, 

"Sara woh tumse pyaar tak nahi karta to tumne usse apni adat kese bana liya" she said to herself. 

Suddenly she saw a shooting star and she closed her eyes gently.

"Kya yeh ho sakta hain ki kal subhe meri ankhe uski baaho main khule?" she mumbled. 

Suddenly her eyes got stuck to to their garden area. There was someone lurking behind the bushes around. She got down and ran to there screaming for the security quickly. All of the guards started checking the entire place and Sara was standing on the doorway of the outhouse. The guards went behind desperately checking for any sign of someone. 

Sara was about to leave but heard a knock coming from the outhouse. Someone was knocking from inside. 

"Who's inside?" Sara banged the door.

"Sara Mam I am Tabita, your staff...please open. Someone locked me here" Sara didn't know all of their workers' names

But as Sara opened the door, a sudden pressure against her mouth and nose startled her, a sickly-sweet scent invading her senses. Before she could react, darkness closed in, enveloping her in it's suffocating embrace. 

Kartik's shoot was done and he was in his car on the way to home with his manager. His manager got a call and Kartik got a message. Kartik checked and it was written 

"REVENGE BY A DIRT BY HURTING YOUR HEART"

"Sir, Sara mam saw someone in the garden area" Kartik's manager spoke up making his attention awag from the message.

"What? Who?

"They couldn't find anyone Sir. Maybe she was hallucinating"