Chapter 19

"My lord Father....risked his own honor to protect something or rather someone from danger. In the aftermath of the taking of Kings Landing, my father came across the gruesome sight of Princess Elia and her children's bodies...brutally murdered and butchered by the Lannister men. 'I do not see babies, only dragonspawn' is what Robert Baratheon said about the innocent children killed. Hearing those words, my father left the capital to look for his sister and found her in a tower in Dorne. Remembering what Robert had said, my father claimed he had a bastard with Lady Ashara Dayne when in truth....he had a niece to protect." Robb explained to his council, bar Lord Bolton, who he tasked with going back and reclaiming Winterfell much to the Flayed Lord's annoyance. "Does that mean...." Blackfish asked in shock while Edmure cursed while both Robb and Catelyn nodded. "She was born Visenya Alysanne-Rhaenyra Targaryen, second daughter and third heir to the Iron Throne. But now, she is the rightful heir." Catelyn said as she showed the letters she kept with her. 

"But she is married to a foreign lord now!" "One who risked his life to get her and Sansa out of Kings Landing. My lords....I renounce my title as King In The North and bow to Visenya, Second on Her Name. She has dragons too, actual living, breathing dragons." Robb said as the others looked at each other in shock before they stood up and held their swords out. "For Visenya, Second Of Her Name!" They all cried out and Robb smiled to himself, looking down at the letter that Sansa had sent from Dorne, expressing how she was free, safe and happy again and that all she wrote to him before had been lies forced on her by the Lannisters. "We will fight for her. Not because of who her father is, but because of her mother. Because the blood of the North flows through her veins!" Lord Umber boasted and the room felt different, like there had been a shift in the air. Meanwhile, a flayed lord never even made to Winterfell, nor did his bastard, as direwolves found them and killed both of them and their men. 

In Kings Landing, the city was getting ready for the wedding of King Joffrey and Lady Margaery in what would be the Red and Gold wedding as dubbed by Queen Mother Cersei Lannister. However, while outside the keep, everything seemed to be going well, inside, was a different story. "What are these doing here? Who sent these?" Joffrey demanded as he threw the vase of white chrysanthemum flowers against the wall. "I am a king, I do not need nor want flowers in my room!" Joffrey seethed. Margaery winced and watched the water soak the white flowers, a weird sense filling her as she looked back at the king. "If you would excuse me, Your Grace...I need to get one last fitting in for my dress." Margaery hurried out of the room without another word and nearly ran down the halls, For weeks now, someone had been sneaking white chrysanthemums into the rooms of Joffrey, Cersei and Tywin. At first Cersei had try to accuse the Tyrells and Tyrion, but it did not work nor go anywhere and the Tyrells were slowly beginning to lose patience with the Lannisters for the blatant insults they had been given. 

Margaery had grown more and more scared of how Joffrey was acting and knew that she had to keep the brave face on for just a while longer, but inside she knew just how Sansa started to feel. 'Will he beat me like he did her?' Margaery asked as she walked the halls of the Red Keep, not seeing a shadow slink past, going in and out of the Queen Mother's room. 'At least Sansa finally met Willas.' Margaery thought with a smile as she walked to her rooms, only to stop when she saw a vase of begonias with a letter attacked to them. 'Be careful in these next few days. Trust no one but yourself. V.T' The letter said and Margaery threw away the letter in the fire as well as the flower so that no one would find or question it. "The queen mother found more of those white flowers in her room....she is not happy about it." Margaery's grandmother said as she walked in and Margaery hummed, pretending nothing happened. "There was a vase in Joffrey's rooms when I went to see him and he was not happy either." Margaery quipped as she picked up the crown she would be wearing for her wedding and smiled. 

Margaery watched in horror as Joffrey choked to death and she looked up, her eyes widening as she spotted a demon shaped mask staring at the dying boy before it vanished. She wanted to yell out, but something inside her told her to stay quiet and instead turned and wept into her father's shoulder, or least that is what it looked like to everyone else. "HE DID THIS! ARREST HIM NOW!" Cersei screamed as she pointed at Tyrion who had been standing off to the side of the wedding feast. "Cersei, enough of this! Take your sister back to her rooms at once, Jaime." Tywin ordered and Jaime drug Cersei away from the body, she was still screaming in hysterics over the whole ordeal. "It was an assassin sent by Robb Stark or Stannis Baratheon." Tywin told the crowd, but some doubted it as the young boy king had made enemies of many at court. Margaery was taken back to her chambers and sat there in shock, staring at her reflection before leaning back in the chair. 

/\ White Chrysanthemums that were sent to Joffrey, Cersei and Tywin /\