Chapter 10

"I plan on giving the bastard to Ser Gregor Clegane for his....bravery in the battlefield against her brother." Joffrey boasted as he walked through the halls, not knowing that Fuhito and Aoi had been listening and shared worried looks. "I have heard of this....of this Ser Gregor. He will be a widower within a week!" Aoi said in a worried tone but Fuhito put a hand on her shoulder. "I have an idea...trust me." Fuhito muttered as the walked to the throne room and watched as the boy-king walked the steps of the throne, before sitting back down and waited for court to officially begin. Fuhito watched as an older man rode in on a white horse as everyone watched him. "I, Joffrey, of the House Baratheon, First of my name, the rightful king of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm, do hereby proclaim my grandfather, Tywin Lannister...Savior of the City and the Hand of the King." Joffrey announced and gave the Hand pin to the servant who then gave it to Tywin Lannister. Tywin walked out as Joffrey called for Petyr Baelish to step forward. 

The mockingbird lord stepped forward and knelt before the throne. "For your good service and ingenuity, in uniting the houses of Lannister and Tyrell, I declare that you shall be granted the castle of Harrenhall with all its attended lands and incomes. To be held by your sons and grandsons, from this day until the end of time." Joffrey declared and Visenya raised an eyebrow before shrugging slightly. "Thank you, Your Grace...you honor me beyond words, Your Grace. I shall have to acquire some sons and grandsons." Baelish said much to almost everyone's amusement. "Ser Loras Tyrell!" Joffrey called and the knight from the Reach knelt before the throne. " Your house has come to our aid. The whole realm is in your debt, none more so than I. If your family would ask anything of me, ask it, and it shall be yours." Joffrey said and Loras looked up at the king. "Your Grace, my sister Margaery, her husband was taken from us before... She remains innocent. I would ask you to find it in your heart to do us the great honor of joining our houses." Loras said and Visenya spared a look at her cousin with a frown as Cersei looked over at Sansa with a knowing look. 

"Is this what you want, Lady Margaery?" Joffrey asked, seeming interested in the Reach beauty before him. " With all my heart, Your Grace. I have come to love you from afar. Tales of your courage and wisdom have never been far from my ears. And those tales have taken root deep inside of me." 'Oh good gods above.' Fuhito, Aoi and Visenya thought all at the same time. "I, too, have heard tales of your beauty and grace, but the tales do not do you justice, my lady. It would be an honor to return your love, but I am promised to another. A king must keep his word." Joffrey said as he looked at his mother. "Your Grace, in the judgment of your Small Council, it would be neither proper nor wise for you to wed the daughter of a man beheaded for treason, a girl whose brother is in open rebellion against the throne as we speak. For the good of the realm, your councilors beg you to set Sansa Stark aside." Cersei said as the crowds murmured for Margaery as Joffrey stood up. "I would like to heed your wishes and the wishes of my people, but I took a holy vow." Joffrey tried to reason, but Visenya figured it was only for show as Pycelle stepped forward. " Your Grace, the gods do indeed hold betrothal solemn, but your father, blessed be his memory, made this pact before the Starks revealed their falseness. I have consulted with the High Septon and he assures me that their crimes against the realm free you from any promise you have made to them in the sight of the gods." Pycelle said and Visenya glared harshly at the old man, wishing to strangle him with his own chain.

"The gods are good. I am free to heed my heart. Ser Loras, I will gladly wed your sweet sister. You will be my queen and I will love you from this day until my last day." Joffrey said as the crowd cheered for him. "Now...Lord Fuhito Takahashi. You came here as an envoy for your Emperor, you truly did not have to fight in this battle." King Joffrey said with the fake sincerities he put on for those he did not torment. "I know. But I would rather fight than sit around letting others do the fighting for me." Lord Fuhito spoke with his head bowed, walking to the throne and bowing slightly, but not kneeling like the others. "Whatever the case may be. You have my gratitude and to show for it...ask anything of me and it will be given to you." King Joffrey proclaimed. 'To save the rightful queen and her cousin from your monstrous hand.' Fuhito thought as he spared a glance over at Visenya, who was wearing sea foam green before looking back at the boy-king.

"I regret that in my years, I did not take a wife nor sire children to carry on my name. I wish to fix that now....bastard or not, I would gladly take Lady Lyarra Snow as my wife." Fuhito heard the gasps from the courtiers but his stern gaze shifted from Joffrey to Tywin and back, making both feel uncomfortable. "I see...well, I did say I would give you whatever you want." Joffrey shrugged. "Very well then, you may take the Stark bastard as your wife, Lord Takahashi, unless she rejects it?" Joffrey asked turning his eyes to Visenya with a cruel smirk but it quickly vanished when Visenya shook her head. "I would gladly agree to be his wife." Visenya said, letting the first smirk appear on her face in a long time. With that, the court was called to a close and Visenya turned and walked away, the smirk growing on her face as she rounded the corner.