Chapter 5

Lady Aoi walked through the halls of the Holdfast with a purpose. She was looking for Visenya to talk to her and get more information out of the own girls mouth before they acted on anything else. She passed by the sept, wincing as the over powered fragrance of incense hit her nose before continuing to the Godswood, she spotted the young dark haired woman, reading a book while her cousin, Sansa was sewing something. "King Daeron II of His Name married Princess Myriah Martell while also betrothing and later marrying his sister Princess Daenerys to Myriah's brother, therefore bringing Dorne into the fold and truly becoming 'Lord of the Seven Kingdoms'." Visenya read to her sister as Lady Aoi walked over and cleared her throat, making both girls look up in fear before it left their eyes as they saw it was only Lady Aoi. "My lady." Visenya said as she stood up and gave a curtsy to the Yi Tish visitor who simply smiled and sat down on the same bench. "I hope you do not mind the intrusion." Lady Aoi said and both girls shook their heads. 

"Please, you are a visitor. The least we can do is make you feel more comfortable." Visenya said and Lady Aoi peered at the book she was reading. "The Lives of the Targaryen Kings, Chronicle 3? Interesting read, given that House Targaryen is no more." Lady Aoi said, looking back up, trying not to smirk as Visenya narrowed her eyes. "Those who do not know their history, will be doomed to repeat it....or at least that is what Visenya says." Sansa said, looking to her sister/cousin who smiled. "Yes." "I see...I am curious to know more about you ladies though. Your likes, interest, favorite foods any everything between. So I can understand the differences between Westerosi and Yi Tish ladies, at least." Lady Aoi said and Sansa sat a little higher while Visenya put the book to the side and looked at the Yi Tish woman. "Well, I like sewing or any type of needlework. Beautiful dresses, stories and songs of knights and ladies and I do love lemon cakes." Sansa started as Lady Aoi nodded and looked at Visenya. "And you?" She asked the purple eyed girl who shrugged. "She likes apple cakes!" "Sansa!" Visneya looked at her cousin who let out a giggle. "You weren't saying anything. But yes, Lyarra likes apple cakes, she does not like wine much, only drinking if there is nothing else, otherwise she either drinks cider or tea. We both do like tarts, but Lyarra loves blood oranges and pomegranate fruits after trying them when we first got here." Sansa said as Visenya took the book and put it in her cousin's hand. 

"I'm not keen on very spicy things, but I do love the taste of lemongrass. And I do like to eat quail eggs from time to time. I also like to read, I can sing and dance. My needlework is....fair to say the least. I do have favorite colors for dresses, winter blue, dark red, not Lannister red, but almost blood red like Targaryens, black, purple, and light pink, like the blossoms on your dress, Lady Aoi." Visenya continued on and Lady Aoi nodded with a smile on her face. "You can sing?" Lady Aoi asked in a curious tone. "Oh yes! Father and even Mother always have Lya sing for guests." Sansa gushed as Visenya looked away with a smile on her face. "Perhaps I could hear something? I know we do not have instruments, but..." Lady Aoi trailed off as Visenya took a deep breath while Sansa watched, a real smile on her face that she had not had since their father's head had been taken. "A raven, flies from the North to the sea....a dragon, whispers a name in the East. The watcher, waits on the Northern wall....a daughter, picks up a warrior's sword...a crown, laced in lies....you win or you die." Visenya sang softly as Lady Aoi watched with a smile on her face. "That was truly beautiful!" Lady Aoi said as she clapped her hands, making both girls smile. "My lord would be honored if you would join him for supper, tonight, my lady." Lady Aoi said and Visenya's eyes widened before the young girl looked over at her cousin who nodded.

After meeting with the girls, Lady Aoi went back on her way to where the Yi Tish were staying, a coy smirk on her face as she entered in, Lord Fuhito barely looked up from his paper work as she walked over as their personal cooks and servants appeared. Though they were guests, the Yi Tish still preferred their own dishes, thankfully, for some reason, the Queen Mother and boy-king were kind enough to allow the Yi Tish cooks to prepare their own meals. "Tonight, his lordship is going to dine with a guest. Apple cakes, maybe a few tarts that the Westerosi cooks can make and use the lemongrass herb in some of the foods, for our guest." Lady Aoi told the servants as she passed by them and they bowed, going to the kitchens to help prepare the meals for their lord's dinner. "Well?" "She has a clever mind, though she is hiding it because of these horrid lions. She is very knowledgeable on history, reads a lot and she can sing and play the harp."  Lady Aoi listed off as she walked through the doors and Fuhito nodded while signing a piece of paper. "Two parts of our trade deal is done. Fabrics will be traded as will dyes and other colors and I am sure Westerosi ladies will start wearing more of our silks. The military side however, is...more complicated." Fuhito said as he looked over the paper and Aoi hummed, taking a sip of the sake that she had poured. "You always think of something, cousin." Lady Aoi mused and Fuhito looked up at her briefly before looking down at his papers.

Later that evening, while Sansa was having dinner with the Queen Mother and her younger children, Lady Aoi was escorting Visenya to Lord Fuhito's chambers. Visenya was nervous and kept looking down at her dress from time to time, hoping that there were no stains or anything out of place as she wanted to look at least a bit presentable for this visiting lord. Lady Aoi knocked and waited for a brief moment before opening the door and stepped aside, allowing Visenya in first before following behind her. Visenya looked around, seeing that it was still the same as when she first entered, save for a man sitting at a desk, looking over papers before lifting his head. "Ah, forgive me, my lady. I was just finishing some last minute details of a letter I hope to send to my Emperor. Please, sit." Lord Fuhito said as he motioned for Visenya to take a seat, which she did. Right as she sat down a knock was heard and Lady Aoi went to open it, allowing the servants to come in with trays for the dinner as Lord Fuhito put away all the papers. The servants placed the trays down, revealing foods that Visenya had never seen before, fish that did not look cooked, wrapped foods, and several small balls of rice. But she also noted the smell of lemongrass and saw apple cakes on a tray that was placed near her. 

"Tell me...how did a lady of the North, come to stay in Kings Landing?" Lord Fuhito spoke as a servant made Visenya's plate while Lady Aoi poured a cup of cider for her to drink. "My lord father was asked to be Hand of the King by Joffrey's father, Robert Baratheon. There were originally supposed to be five of us in Kings Landing. My father, myself, my sisters Sansa and Arya and my little brother, Brandon....but Brandon fell from a tower back home and became crippled." Visenya explained as she took a small sip of the drink, relaxing at the sweet taste of cider. "And what caused your father to...loose his life?" Fuhito spoke, staring at Visenya from time to time. "He....He, like the last Hand, Jon Arryn, believed that the Kings children were not really royals and had plotted to put Stannis Baratheon, brother of the late king, on the throne instead. But, he was stopped and arrested. Sansa and I pleaded for his life, hoping that he would be allowed to take the Black, becoming a member of the Night's Watch...but instead his head was taken by his own longsword." Visenya finished, putting the cup down and trying to control her breathing when Fuhito reached out, grabbing the young woman's hand. 

"I do not believe your father was a traitor, my lady. From what I heard from better sources, your father's honor was too strong, but in the end is what got him killed, I think. Please...eat." Fuhito insisted and Visenya ate some of the food that had been put on the plate for her. Aoi watched in the corner while drinking sake, observing how the little dragon queen acted around Fuhito and how he acted around her. 'She is scared to let her guard down...he is approaching her like she is a frightened animal, which is appropriate given what has happened to her.' Aoi mused as Fuhito placed a rice ball on Visenya's plate. "Why did you come to Westeros at this time, my lord?" 'There's the question.' Aoi thought as she looked away. "The emperor had originally hoped to barter trade with one of the Targaryen kings, but then the rebellion happened and then wanted to try and work it out with Robert Baratheon, but then he died and now, here I am, working on a trade deal with his son." Fuhito explained as servants came and took the empty trays, leaving only the apple cakes behind. Fuhito looked around the room before standing up and walked over to the window, staring out at it. "You do not need to fear, my lady...unlike the lions that live here, I will not harm you, nor allow any harm to come to you." Fuhito spoke as he turned around and gave Visenya a smile, which made the young woman flush and look away.

/\ Visenya's dinner dress /\