Chapter 7 (pt.2)

||Vile Crown||
Chapter 7:the light between darkness

Sounds of Crashing filled the endless void as swift legs tried to avoid each crushing attack that came by. The predator seemed to show no absolute mercy, Attacking each and every corner with some sort of dark energy..

No light.. The prey murmured, feeling his body sinking down further to exhaustion. He didn't know how long this was going on for. It was like playing tag but your life depends on it.

Jumping, running, avoiding... It was all going in a loop, like a broken record, playing the same sounds over and over again, the sounds of desperation and the sweet scent of Survival trialing behind every move.

It was between predator and prey,  a game where death awaits. Every breath is like a ticking timeline, heaving until the other stops it. Finally, after leaping around like fearful rabbits, the prey finally managed to drain the Predators energy..

"Sedna, Enough! Can't we just talk this out?!"

"Talk....? No, there is no room for conversing such things."

Mercury hoisted himself off the ground, his hand hovering over his broken weapon.. "Can you atleast tell me what is this for?! We can't just run around like infants!"

"The reason, you say?" Sedna laughed, lowering himself to the non-existent floor.. "Well, Hermes. I'm here for revange."

"Revenge...From what?!"

"DONT ACT STUPID! you said it yourself, you aren't as pure as everyone portray you and I couldn't help but agree more..

You watched each and every one of us suffer, ignoring the consequences, ALL BECAUSE you Feared an inferior Like sol!"

"I Never Did such thi—"

"LAIR!"

"How would you know anything about what I've done to this world we live in!? I've served justice and bringed down people like YOU!"

"Bullshit! You know you've served a Tyrant, The lives you're holding upon is Unequal, The justice you've served is NOTHING compared to people like us!"

Mercury took another step back, Feeling the danger hitching up his breath, his legs quickly moved out of the way, enough to avoid another flying object coming at him "What are you talking about?! Sun isn't a Tyrant! You're only saying that because your stupid revolution against the Kingdom!"

Sedna managed to steady himself, throwing another Tenticle at him "The revolution was the right thing we could do to that Hell! DONT FORGET THAT YOU WERE ALSO ONE OF US!"

Mercury froze from his step, and so did Sedna. He slowly turned his head towards the other male, his eyes widened...

"That-... that meant nothing...!"

"Don't act stupid! You know you loved him to!"

Mercury's breath hitched, feeling all the past memories crashing too him. He tried to avoid Sedna's words and just to forget about him..
This caused the other one to lower his attacks, and slowly walked over to Him, his footsteps echoing through the dark abyss..

"You can't avoid the truth, Hermes.."

"Stop...That means nothing! You- you're just using that as a-...." He paused, trying to find the right words to say, only to find nothing but emptiness... he kept repeating the same things over and over again, finding no hope to go against Sedna's words.

He already knew this but..Sedna was right..

Not even a being like him can be pure..

"I-....Sedna i-..." Tears started to fill his eyes, as memories came crashing down onto him. Remembering the things he wasn't supposed to..