Memory

||Vile Crown||
-the Time I met him -

The warmth of the Sun hits against a child's skin, waking him up slowly.. opening his eyes, the first thing he sees is leafs high up, Blocking some of the light seeping through it. It took him a few seconds to realize that he was laying on the Soft green grass below him. It was damped, like how it always has been. Sitting up slowly, he rubbed his eyes, trying to recall what had happened..

"Listen to me okay?" The mother whispered softly, Caressing her hand against the side of her son's weeping face. There were people yelling in the background while they hid in a closed confinement, a closet.

The boy nodded, sniffling between his breath.. the mother smiled..

"Once we get out.. promise me to run away and don't look back."

"But Ma.."

"Shh..listen to your mama, Aphrodite.."

Tears welled up, looking at his mother's soft smile, knowing that this will be her last..

"Okay Mama...I promise.."

"Promise me to make me proud, Aph...Mama loves you.."

She took His hand, Leading them outside.. quietly walking through the wooden floor, a few creaks were emitted but it wasn't allowed to attract any being to come..

But as soon as they reached outside, They heard something they were hoping not to..

"THERE'S THAT WITCH!"

The mother Froze, her face turning white. The boy looked at his mother in a panic, shaking her arm to run away..

"Mama! We have to run!"

"Go without me.."

He froze, tears rolled down his cheek.. "Mama, Please! I can't go without you!!"

"Aphrodite, listen to me! Remember your promise okay? I love you, Aph... remember that."

Venus stared at his mother, tears kept falling but he nodded and turned around, running away..

He could hear his mother's screams but he kept running, more and more tears filling his eyes..

Don't look back...

Never look back..

He kept repeating that in his head and ran out in the forest.. finally escaping that hell hole..but losing someone he loved the most.

He blamed himself, He blamed himself for everything.. if it wasn't for him, his mother would still be here! It's all his fault!

It's... All his fault...

Getting back to his senses.. he snapped out of his flashback, oh right..he escaped..

He shook his head, trying to compose himself. He had no time to be depressed, he needed to survive on his own! That's what probably panged him the most..