Chapter 8:Staff of The Assistant

You closed your eyes, inhaling your breath and opened your eyes, exhaling it. A firebat sprang from the ground as you pointed it at the it, slamming it and vanish completely.

hummed to yourself, "Hmmmm." Focusing further on your staff, a little flame pillar shot up from the ground for a few seconds before vanishing too. "Woah.. now that's.. interesting."

You heard sounds approaching. "Trying your new staff, Y/N?" He saw you outside the troupe and decided to check on you this midday.

You nodded, holding it both hands, "Yeah, I'm still getting used to this staff. It seemed..."

"Not the same? I know. " He chuckled a little, "its predecessor were a foreign yet amazing mage from a far land."

"Oh?, hmm" Looking at the cool flame blazing on the glass globe, you examined the staff even more. "It definitely possessed different kind of power... I wonder how this got to the troupe. Must have been quite significant story"

"and it was. I heard that she is an excellent magician and fighter."

You noticed "Wait?! Master knew who was the wielder of this staff."

"Now, now.." he sat on the ground, patting the spot next to him. Uncaring that his cloak got dirt "you wanna know the story of it's wielder?"

You nodded, settling down next to him with the staff in your lap

"Divine told me the story of this staff, it was a very fascinating and dramatic tale.. of that kind."

Then he started his story, "It was from a cycle ago. Several hundred years ago, perhaps two or three? One never knows. The Master of the troupe back then was reputed to be a recluse, or more accurately, a shut-in who hardly ever left his room, spoke with the grimmkins, even to divine and brumm. All the same, the harvest had to go on and the troupe's existence had to go on. The life of the Troupe in general is like that. it still continue without with absences of the troupe master."

"I thought it might become a love story" you commented with a giggled

He stroking the back of his head, and said "Well, about that. Everyone on the troupe had no idea that Grimm had a custom every time they visited a town. He would sneaking out at night to enjoy the alone, freedom, and cool night air, then go back to his room as morning was beginning to break. It's always like that every night, except when they're on a travel. That's the only outside world he has, alone, serene and in calm of his head Then one day, things... didn't go so well, during one of the town on some foreign land. It was quiet on that moment, and he was sneaking out as usual. Up till the moment he happened to run into a young woman, an adept user of a magic staff, she is a mage fighter in her village. Beautiful, graceful, skilled, and possessing a keen sense of gaze,that's what divine told me about her.

"Their first meeting... definitely didn't go well, wasn't it?"you asked

"It wasn't only not going well; there was a fight, She tried to attack him believing him to be an intruder, a robber, or perhaps an enemy scout. Though he made an effort to reason, his interpersonal communication abilities failed horribly, so they finally engaged in an almost life-or-death struggle."

"Not the kind of first meeting I would expect," you then joked. "Imagine explaining that the first with your love one isn't just an awkward meeting or an accidental gaze but a fight. Would be interesting story to be told."

"interesting it would" Then he went on, "after that, they both sat down and clear the misunderstanding. She was plainly embarrassed and believed herself to be a fool, but he chose to forgive her anyway. Then they vowed to met together on the bench beneath the crimson tree every night at the height of moonlight. a tree named so because its leaves were red, quite interesting. And gradually they are getting to know one another with every meeting. About his social discomfort, explaining every time they spoke, and about her trouble with her forced marriage custom and how hard she had to struggle to become a warrior mage in her town. Their separate issues caused them to bond, which grew stronger with every meeting.