Chapter 4:First Stop,Dirtmouth

The troupe arrived around the middle of the night, and it was swift to put up the tent and everything, giving the impression that it 'suddenly appeared', which it actually did not. A few hours later, when the residents in the fading town awoke, they saw the enormous tent and posters hanging about, inviting them to a great show tomorrow night.

"And we're back at Hollownest. Oh how that evoked so many memories," divine exclaimed as you helped her set up her tent, which also serves as her shop where she sells charms and clothes at a fair price after you informed her.

"What kind?" you questioned her, placing a charm on a shelf.

"Oh, nothing much." She giggled, "We've been to this beautiful land so many times that it's hard to forget."

"I suppose so," you said blankly.

"Anddd! No infection like the last time. Much better to get sales begun."

"just keep the reports steady, divine"

"oh I will, miss assistant"

You assisted her until everything was arranged and ready. Everything looks to be in place.

"is that everything, divine?"

"yep"

You nodded, creating a checklist on your notepad "alright, we'll talk later"

You left her tent and returned to the main tent, pausing to stare at the bugs looking at it from a distance, a very usual response. Some were terrified, but others were intrigued, as is customary whenever the company appears unexpectedly.

Dirtmouth is no longer a dying town, but rather a growing town. The first stop for your troupe. It was an improvement over what you witnessed the prior time. It's after the infection has vanished, when Ghost dedicated their lives to put a stop to it, resulting in civilization returning to Hollownest, with the infection only recognized as a terrible history that would be gone but not forgotten for centuries. Looking around town, you see more buildings, stores, and even school. It's a completely different feeling than what you had seen throughout the infection. You then came to a waterfall, a circular concrete reservoir of water in the center of town with park seats surrounding it. You gazed at your own reflection... It was you... wearing a one-line mask. It's just you.. nothing else reflecting on the water.

The town was bustling with bugs going about their daily lives, whether alone, with friends, loved ones, or children......... You just prayed that the harvest would still go well despite how vibrant everything appeared. After looking around good enough,As you were about to depart, you spotted someone playing music near the waterfall.

You approached the gathered throng, some dancing, some cheering, and some staring in wonder while presenting their geo as a type of tip... but you weren't interested in listening at all; you had another reason to be there.

You noticed Brumm playing his accordion with one of the residents there. That's what appears to draw attention: a duet with a traveler to the ensemble.

"Hello, Y/N," he said without interrupting his play.

"...just don't be late, tonight."You had no purpose to chat or listen.

"I won't... " he said. "You won't watch us play?"

"No, I had more work," he said. "Okay," then continued playing.

You placed a few geo on the resident's wooden music case as she nodded at you in gratitude while continuing to play her violin beside him. You then left, returning to the main tent for more of your duties, as is your function in this play.