Chapter 6:reminisce delight

You waited, standing a few steps away from him and observing. Allowing him room and time to be alone. Despite your want to speak up, you remained silent. You have a valid cause to be so.

He sighed, continuing looking down at his sitting position, "Do you think we could come here again, Y/N?" He asked you in a hushed tone.

"We could," you said. "We could, master grimm. It won't be a complete farewell; we could return here when you say the words."

"I know.." His head was still pointing down. "I don't want to give the troupe a headache with my request. I will be fine if I won't be here again. I just... want to make sure. I already let it go"

You didn't say anything. One thing about you and him is that he displayed his vulnerability to you...only to you. It wasn't an exaggeration to say that he didn't care if you knew. He never told anybody, even Brumm and Divine, his loyal members.

It was still dark, as it's still were night, and the only source of light in this peaceful and quiet place was your staff. You and him were the only ones in this town right now, and it wasn't even close to morning, it was still far. Winds occasionally blew through, sending cold touches on both of your bodies.

It was when the last day of the troupe's stay in the fading town, and you advised him to go sleep first, which he did while you oversaw the troupe packing its tents and everything to the caravan, leaving no trace of its existence other than people's memories.

Your eyes awoke at the second knock, and you quickly grabbed your mask, put it on, and answered the door.

"Master Grimm? What is it that master requires?" your voice is devoid of exhaustion, just pure professionalism and commitment as always.

He was dressed normally, still with his cloak, and his room was just next to yours. His eyelids were drowsy, and the light on the brim of his eyes was a little duller than usual. You couldn't tell he hadn't slept well.

"I apologize for disturbing your sleep, Y/N.. ummm" he seemed to be agitated ".. would you mind assisting me? I really wanted to go to... 'you know', before we left and.." he delayed his statement "... I don't want to go alone."

"Of course," you said without hesitation, "give me a moment." You returned inside, grabbing your cloak and staff.

And that's how you two ended up here. Just mere hours before left.The troupe's tents has been replaced by a caravan for their travels. Soon, the residents of the fading town will wake up to find the troupe had vanished. This has helped the troupe gain notoriety, talks, and attract more future audiences, but the attentions may also pose a problem in the future. But that's a matter for another time.

"Have you... gave your goodbye, Y/N?" he questioned you.

You chose to move closer to him; it was a signal to you that it was safe to come close; you stood alongside him while your staff illuminates the surroundings further. "I have.."

He closed his eyes, still sitting on the ground with his knees curled in a seiza position; you could see his mind was troubled. "I... see.."

You sat down next to him, your cloak dirty with dirt and gravel, but you didn't care, you rarely do "master grimm." you spoke out with your blank tone "please.. don't reject and resist that kind of feeling. It'll only make it worse. I can affirm that what you're feeling right now.. is completely normal to be felt."

"but i.. let it go" he said still closed his eyes ".. even as losing the scent of hometown. I let it go.. there's nothing bounding me to this memory.. that's what I was taught...yet.. it doesn't feel like crying.. just.. sadness. Just this... missing feeling I had, An ache."