Chapter 1:An assistant's morning

At 4.30 a.m., the grimmkin is still snoozing in their shared bedroom. Each hierarchy differs significantly in terms of how they sleep,etc. and there are four classes of grimmkin. Trainee, novice, master, nightmare. Trainees, novices, and masters sleep in a communal bedroom with bunk beds lined up in a row, leaving a few gaps that you refer to as dorm rooms. Though they sleep in a shared bedroom too, nightmare has their own single bed, albeit a bunk bed like the others. Lastly Of course, you, Divine, Brumm, and Master Troupe all have your own private rooms.

You were on your way to each of the seven dorm rooms you had designated to wake them up and get them started on their routine. But how would you do such a task with dozens of them? You used an excellent approach to accomplish so. When you opened one of the dorm rooms, you were met by the customary grimmkin snoring sounds. You aim your staff to a lantern hanging in the center of the room and light it. The chamber instantly brightens as the orange flame illuminates the entire room, causing everyone to awaken with yawns and groans from their slumber. You shut the door and went to another dorm to do the same thing.

And let's talk about your staff. It's a long, spherical crimson red gnarled staff with little red vines spiraling up to the summit in a smooth way. The staff and head were carved with a nightmarish symbol. A transparent crystal ball gripped tightly by the vines, with a scarlet flame blazing inside. Because of your role as the troupe's assistant, you have access to an unlike-any-other staff accustomed for you.

You proceeded to each dorm, igniting the lanterns one by one. You've had this schedule for who knows how long. You never grumbled; it became a regular part of your morning routine.

*******

On your walk, you came across a bug wearing a mask that only covered half of her face, revealing her whole expression. Which look to have she had some sleep inertia, but spirited to start the morning

She greeted you "Morning, Y/N."

You paused from your walk to answer her back. "Morning, Divine"

Divine. She designed the troupe's costumes and served as the master troupe's advisor. She's a cheerful, lighthearted female bug. Her pleasant attitude was imprinted on her personality, resulting in a daydream like expression. Even so, being an advisor. Her counsel assisted you and your master in making decisions however this only happened a few times on yours. She also utilized her fragrance to detect something hidden from a bug. One thing you weren't sure about was how scent might define a bug's personality, behavior, and proclivities, and her answers were as perplexed and ambiguous as they could be. "Smell worked like asking a fortune teller, Y/N, except mine is far more accurate and true. Many emotions and sentiments leave a distinct smell" Whatever it is. However, the advice she offered has proven to be incredibly valuable.

"have any reports for your design?" You then concentrated on your job speak.

"Oh.. well.." she thought for a moment. "It's well advanced, Y/N. I probably need a few more silks for the finished product."

You leaned on your staff's shoulder and took out your small notebook and quill to write something on it. "And your tent?" you asked.

"It went.. Great, our last sale definitely earned enough sum of geo" she reported with a slight proud face.

"Alright," you nodded, putting your note and quill back. "Don't forget to put the exact earning and our current supply and report it to my desk later, now if you excused me." You walked past her.

"oh okay..Later... Y/N" she watched as you went away on your morning... She sighed and said, "That fiend..." She removed her mask and massaged her eyes. Oh well, she had other things to do.