Chapter 2:an assistant's morning part 2

After a hectic night, you lay down on your new bed. You huffed and placed your mask on the desk beside your bed. You were fatigued, not physically, but psychologically. Experiencing such big changes was not on your bucket list. And you were tired.. you wanted to think that you were dreaming on such utopia, fortunately, you were not.

Two knocks on your door just as you ready to rest "Coming!" you exclaimed while sitting on your bed and stretched your body. Who may be present tonight? Was it her?

It was divine—not the one you would anticipate. "oh! Ms Divine... What circumstances got you here?" You mentioned, feeling little anxious.

She giggled, "Just call me divine, Y/N." She then placed her arms on her side, "besides, it should've been who called you miss now"

You never thought that "o-oh.. right, just called me Y/N if you would"

"alright.anyway,I'd like to ask you to go to the back side tomorrow morning," she stated. You tilted your head, perplexed, "Oh right.. you're not a nightmare, oh silly me" She chuckled to herself, "Well, just be ready tomorrow morning, there will be someone to escort you there"

"al-alright" You nodded,"Is there anything else?"

"hmm.. no, have a goodnight, Y/N"

Suddenly, Divine intervened just as you were going to close the door. You yelped

"I forgot. How is your new room?" She approached you through the partially closed door and asked,

"It's good.." with a tone to conceal your stuttering. "I've never been used to have a private room but.. I like it"

"That is good to hear! Well, have a nice night, Y/N, for real this time." Divine waved as she walked away from your door. You peered till she left from your sight and slammed the door shut, resting on your bed with your eyes still alert. You really had to push yourself to sleep.

The next day, after pushing yourself to rest it all out, you awoke at 4 a.m., bathed as best you could in your new bedroom shower, and dressed as formal as you could, despite the fact that the troupe did not have formal apparel. "You can do this, Y/N," you tightened your hand in front of your chest, gazing at your mirror, attempting to appear courageous. "You got promoted yesterday after your... act, resulting in you suddenly becoming the second most important grimmkin.. uhh SNAP!!" As you become apprehensive, you try to regulate your breathing, reminding yourself "this is going to be a test. To make sure that I am worthy of the position, you can do this!.. hoping I don't be demoted when I fail.. yeah that's..." you come to the understanding "that.. would be bad." You wandered left and right in your room.

You perceived last night's heavenly message as a test to determine your suitability for this post. Who knows what she might advised to your master? Perhaps she suggested that he put your abilities to the test. You were certain you did not have any.

"You can do this," you tell yourself in the mirror after a time. "You've worked hard for the ensemble and demonstrated your ability to perform the job. To be Working closely with the master troupe... handsome master- ack! no no no!!" You shook your head angrily, "Focus! Focus on the test" you looked at your pupils and face in the mirror. "Focus on today... focus..." You huffed and wore your mask over your face.

When you opened your bedroom door, you were welcomed with a cheerful "hi Y/N" from a few feet away.

"...panella?" You seemed astonished to see her "..so you.."

"Yep," she nodded, "Miss Divine told me to escort you there."

"So then..." your expression turned flustered with embarassement.

She grinned, "hehe..Yeah, I listened to everything."

"Oh..."

Panella was your closest friend out of all the grimmkin in here; she was a nightmare grimmkin, as her contribution to the ensemble reflected. She joined five years after you did, and she quickly surpassed you to nightmare status while you were still a trainee back then. Despite the fact that your hierarchy has drastically shifted, she remains close to you. She is a kind and easygoing friend to you. She is so nice that even the term "kind" cannot describe her. Her smile is 'visible' behind the mask, always had a brightest and caring smile. Panella... she's Panella, a genuine best friend you never imagined to have. But you glad you did

"listen!" She wrapped her arm around you as you two went on your ways, "Don't overthink it. There is no way Miss Divine would set you up like this. I mean, do you know what occurred last night?"

"W-well..." you touched your arm, "but, panella. She is the advisor, and her position cannot be taken lightly. Even her words and counsels... sometimes."

"Y/N.." she stroked your shoulder as you two got through the nightmare's sole area. "Your role is now above her... do you know that right?" passing nightmares who were minding their own businesses

Your lips wavered... Yes, your rank has raised surpassing both divine and divine combined. With just your master directly above you. How did this happen to you? You do not even know.

Until you get in front of an unusual door. Standing out among the others since it is on a short corridor "welp! this is where my stop ends, no one knows what could possibly be in there except the two, well and you too, of course"

You swallowed and walked a few steps to the door. "You... don't know?"

"nah.. it's really forbidden area except for the three ,and Y/N?" She called you out.

When you turned around, you were greeted by two arms on your shoulders. She was smiling. A sympathetic smile "I'm happy for you, Y/N. You went from being a nobody to being the second most important member among everyone. I formerly outranked you, but now... She sighed pleasantly and said, "You outrank me to a level I could never achieve... You deserved it, not only for what you achieved yesterday, but also for being a wonderful person, despite how inconsistent your timidity may be. So please be strong, since your work from now on will not be the ordinary flame gathering. It'll be so much more... but I knew you could do it; I trusted in you. and I'll support on your journey to get through it"

Her comments affected you deeply. Panella was the closest friend you'd ever have. She was Panellla. Your cherished pal. You nodded and hugged her, saying "thank you

"your welcome... now good luck inside."

You approached the door, waving at her as you closed it. slightly giggling. It seemed like you two were about to split ways, but you won't for the time being. You are going to saw her again a few hours later, and she'll asked how things were doing. Her eyes gleamed with childlike excitement, and you had to patiently explain it to her.

She is a best friend.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Back then, she was usually the skeptical one. She is always doubtful of her decision or what she is doing. Always confer with either myself, Brumm, the master troupe, or all three of us in general." Divine took a moment to reflect "good thing panella told me everything, it helped me to understand her more"

Brumm added, "and it was great to witness her gradually warming up to us and her new role, gaining confidence one by one. We can see she is a hard worker. That's Y/N, who constantly stays late to check on us or to handle Master Grimm's additional work. That's Y/N, a tireless assistant."

Grimm nodded in amazement as he listened for the first time. He knew you were a serious woman, and despite your barely emotional words, he knew you cared deeply about him and the group. And your life stories confirmed it. When he saw two of his most faithful members reminiscing about the old days, he realized that he didn't deserve someone like you, which you would definitely disagree with if he actually stated that.

Despite this... He pondered, a question that Brumm and Divine usually avoided answering.

Why were you different back then? Why aren't you the same person you are today? He pondered. Well he could thought out an answer later. He had works to be done after this.