Love; 5:19

☾☽☾☽✿❀✿𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎✿❀✿☾☽☾☽
(talking of ED)
☾☽☾☽✿❀✿𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎✿❀✿☾☽☾☽

NICHOLAS NOLAN- 3rd POV

Nicholas was tossing a rock across the ocean, and glanced around for more flat ones. His mom was watching from the restaurant table- biting her bottom lip and fixing her bracelets. Nicholas picked up another one, and tossed it. 

His mum walked next to him, and rubbed his back gently. "Baby?" He flinched, and turned his head towards his mum. "You've been here for nearly 20 minutes.." Nicholas pressed his lips together, and looked down at his feet.

"Sweetheart... what is wrong?" Nicholas sighed, and started to gently pick at the skin around his nails. "I think Copper has an eating disorder, mum. I have no idea what to do" Nicholas's mum bite her bottom lip, pulling her sons head onto her shoulder. 

"an eating disorder? Are you sure?" She whispered, as he slowly nodded his head against her shoulder. "Yeah.. He-He just can't eat sometimes" He whispered, before slowly lifting his head off her shoulder. 

"A lot of the time" Nicholas wrapped his arms around his body, and shook his head. "He finds eating really difficult sometimes and it makes him so ANXIOUS!" His mum watched him closely, and she had a sadden glaze in her eyes.

"and it's gotten so bad lately, and I've been trying to get him to talk to his parents but he said he just.. CAN'T" His mum nodded her head, and he sat down in the sand- running his fingers through his dirty blonde hair and clinging onto it tightly.

"He can't talk to them about stuff like that, and I just don't know what do to!" Tears filled his eyes, and he shook his head. "But I don't want to force him to eat because that would just make him more upset and MORE stressed. but.. if I don't do anything he'll-he'll just.." Nicholas's entire body was shaking, and Sarah clung onto her son.

"I love him. and I'm really scared" He whispered, and looked up at his mum as she was crying with him now. "You're sixteen sweetheart..." Sarah whispered, and kissed her sons forehead as Nicholas sobbed against her shoulder. "This is a lot to put on a sixteen-year-old's shoulders"

Sarah placed her hands on each side of Nicholas's face, and stared into his beautiful brown eyes and ran her thumb against his cheek. "It's okay to be scared" His voice was shaky, and he clung onto his mum's hands. 

"I don't know what to do. I don't know how to fix it!" Sarah gently bit her bottom lip, and shook her head slowly. "Maybe you can't, darling" Nicholas's eyes went wide, and he backed his head up. 

"What!? But- I have to" He shook his head, and Sarah looked at him sadly. "I'm his boyfriend!" Sarah held onto his hand, and nodded her head. "I know, baby. And you love him so, so much." Nicholas stood up. 

"I'm sure he loves you too, and I know you feel like it's your job to 'save' him" Nicholas rubbed his eyes, "I know it feels like you're both each other's whole world. But that dependency isn't healthy for either of you. Copper needs to seek out help from someone who isn't his sixteen-year-old boyfriend" Nicholas nodded his head, and his mum continued to gently talk to her son.

"He needs help from a doctor or a therapist, someone who knows about eating disorders and how to treat them. Love can't cure mental illness" Sarah kissed her sons forehead, and hugged him tightly.

☾☽☾☽✿❀✿𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎✿❀✿☾☽☾☽ 

fin <33