3.0:Birthday Cake and Swimming in a Lake

June 30th, 2012

"Emerald, everything will be just fine dear

"Emerald, everything will be just fine dear. Rest a moment." Nana insisted as I rearranged the snacks on the table for the tenth time.

"Sorry, sorry. I'm just excited to see him!" I exclaimed. I'd been back home for a little over a week but Draco had gone to France with his mother and couldn't come over right away. They had a bit of family business to attend to.

"I'm sure he's just as excited but you'll need to calm yourself a bit. You might overwhelm him." She reminded me and I froze taking a deep breath as I sat down.

"Yeah, you're right. I wouldn't want to do that." I mumbled nervously biting my lip as I stared down at my hands. I'd hate to make him uncomfortable, I just missed him is all. We've barely had a moment to talk on the phone in a week. A WEEK!

My thoughts were interrupted by Draco stepping out of the fireplace with a wide smile on his face.

"Dottie! How I've missed you!" He cheered running over and pulling me to my feet.

"Draco!" I smiled throwing my arms over his shoulders as he wrapped his around my waist. We held each other close, rocking side to side ever so slightly before pulling away.

"Ugh, I've been so bored not being able to talk to you. How are you? What have I missed? Tell me everything! How has your summer been? Is everything okay after you had to leave school so early?" He began to ramble and I smiled widely while waiting for him to be done. I liked hearing him talk, it was nice to see him smile as well.

"Oh! Are we still going to make cake? I think you should have a cake as well. Is Theo coming today? What about the others? When-I'm rambling aren't I?" He gasped covering his mouth with his hands but I quickly shook my head.

"No no no, you're not rambling. Now to answer your questions..." I soothed him and he immediately relaxed while nodding his head.

"Yeah?" He questioned.

"I'm doing well, you haven't missed too much. My summer has been alright so far, nothing too crazy. Everything is fine, although my father has come back from the dead which is odd. Yes we're still making cake-"

"Wait wait, what? Your father came back from the dead?!" He shrieked with wide eyes.

"Hmm, in a way yes. To be more honest he actually just faked his death and ran away. I've been pretty angry about it for weeks but now? Now I don't have many feelings about it." I shrugged but he shook his head as his face hardened.

"So he left you? Then came back like it was supposed to be okay or something? Dottie that's-"

"It's okay Dray, I've already given him a piece of my mind." I said place one hand on his shoulder and the other on his cheek. He gently placed his hands on top of mine and took a deep breath.