0.1: Loki's hEir

"Papa! Don't go, please don't leave me! Papa, I'm begging you to stay." A shaky voice called as tearful grey eyes full of pain begged.

"All will be well my gem. All will be well."

Eir sat up from her sleep with a panicked gasp as she placed a protective hand on her stomach. Seconds later a hand found itself on top of hers as its owner pulled the woman into a comforting embrace.

"Is everything alright darling?" Loki's deep voice, muddied with sleep whispered. His breath ghosts against her ear with how close he'd been. She slowly nodded pulling away from the god.

"I had another dream is all. I'll have to go to the library and add it to their story." She mumbled distractedly as she reached for her night robes.

"Perhaps I could come? Keep you company?" Loki offered. It wouldn't be the first time Eir woke up in the middle of the night to add to someone's story. She was Odin's royal book keeper after all. It was her job, she kept the books, wrote the prophecies, she knew the future. Well as much as one with her abilities could know the future.

It's very unpredictable, the future. Always changing the ending, always becoming longer or getting cut in half. Eir could see it all, and not just in this timeline or universe, but everywhere and everyone that ever existed. It was rare that she really truly knew whose story she was writing.

"It's quite alright my gem, you need your rest. You're leaving for your journey with Thor in mere hours." Eir reminds causing the god to sigh. He really didn't want to leave, especially with the little one due to arrive any day. But alas Eir insisted and Loki would do absolutely anything the woman asked of him.

He's trusted her blindly from the moment they met as young children. Some say he was too trusting of the girl especially given her ancestry but Loki didn't care. Eir was nothing like Gulliver, she was good, she was kind, and she loved him.

🐍⚜️🐍

"I have done something...something I should not have." Loki confessed as he stood before Eir, hesitantly preparing to leave her.

"I know." She admits. She always knew, it was hard to hide from someone who has seen your whole life play out in their dreams.

"I read the way your life ends in the royal library..." Loki continued to confess but again, she was aware of what he'd done. It wasn't the first time Loki read someone's story, she often invited him to do so. The only things she'd ever forbid was reading his own story. Lots of things can go incredibly wrong when someone tried to read their own story.

"I know."

"You're sick. You're sick and you have not said a word of it. Not to me, not to anyone. Why?" He asked his eyes brim with tears that she is quick to wipe away. Her soft hands hold his face as if he was the most important and precious thing to ever exist.

"It is my end Loki. It is the end I dreamed for myself when I was merely 7 years old running through this palace with you and Thor. It is an end I have always known would come." She explained and Loki was sure all of Asgard could hear his heart crack under the weight of this confession.

"You have known for so long, and yet you have said nothing. Asked for nothing. But you wish for me to go? To leave you and journey with Thor, knowing that there's a chance I won't...that I... that I may not come back to you?" Loki cried out, painfully. It hurt to say those words. He envisioned so much for them, for their family. But he would see none of it.

"It is your duty as Prince of Asgard to-"

"It is my duty as your husband to stay! Please do not send me away! Please don't...please don't make me leave you. I am here and I am begging you to let me stay." Loki cried dropping to his knees in front of her as he wrapped his arms around her waist. She stood still for a moment, her left hand resting on his head as the other lay comfortably on his shoulder.