2.9:Press, Press, Press, Press, Avengers Dont Need More Press

June 5th 2012

"Hello?" The voice rasped on the other end of the phone and I groaned, quickly looking over at the clock.

8:30am

"Oh shoot, I forgot about the time difference. Did I wake you up?" I asked nervously. Technically it was about 2pm where Draco was, but that didn't necessarily mean he was awake. Especially if his parents were out for the day.

"No, no, no. I was just...resting. So, what can I do for you?" He asked with a yawn that let me know that I did in fact wake him up. I laughed softly to myself as I sat up straighter in my bed.

"I just, well I wanted to wish you a happy birthday and apologize for not being with you for it.-"

"Nonsense! You have nothing to apologize for Dottie." He laughed cutting me off and I sighed in relief. The thought of him being upset put a bad feeling in my stomach.

"Well nevertheless, nana has agreed to help us make you a cake when you come to visit in two weeks." I offered hopefully.

"Cake really?!" He gasped excitedly and I could hear him shifting around on his bed.

"Yep! Any kind you want, in fact I bet if you asked her, we could make one of those three layer ones!" I agreed hoping to keep him excited. I let out a yawn as I stretched before getting out of bed.

"That would be amazing! I've um...I've never had a birthday cake before." He mumbled and I froze in place. The air in my lungs was sucked out by the hint of sadness in his voice.

"Well, I mean I have I just- it's...there was always a cake with my name on it for the parties. I just never got to eat it." He quickly backtracked at my sudden silence but that only made me feel worse for him.

"Dray..." I whispered not knowing what else to say. I continued on my way to find something to wear for the day. I hated this room, it was a on-call dorm for trainees and S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents. They'd set us all up with one for the week while we tried to find next steps.

"You know how my mother is about sugar. I've told you before, she thinks it's bad for me." He said as if that made up for the saddest thing I'd ever heard.

"So you have watched other people eat cake on your birthday...your entire life?" I asked softly and he hummed as if I'd said something he never thought of before.

"I suppose so. Theo always enjoyed my parties, Pansy too. One year we did sneak some cake and take it to the garden, but Theo dropped it before I could have any." He laughed thinking of this as a fond memory, but to me it was sad. It made me angry.

Angry at his parents. Angry at his family. Oddly angry at Theo for dropping the cake. It even made me angry with myself. Because who was I to be so angry with my father when Draco's father is worse than mine? Did I even have that right anymore? To be angry with Loki? After all he did come back. That should count for something...right?

"Well, mark it on your calendar Dray! Two weeks from today you will have your very first slice of birthday cake." I said after a moment with a wide smile. After glancing through the drawers of my dresser I moved to the closet to find the outfit I was looking for.

"Can't wait!" He replied happily before signing.

"I've got to go, my parents expected to arrive home soon so I need to get dressed." He groaned

"Oh, okay. Well call me later. Maybe we can watch a movie on the phone together for your birthday?" I asked hopefully, pulling an outfit out of my closet to wear for the day.

"Wouldn't miss it." He replied and I could hear rustling on his end which let me know he was probably getting out of bed.

"Bye dray." I smiled when someone knocked on my door.