0.0: The Beginning

Long, Long ago a wizard by the name of Gulliver Amon-Acantha wanted to become the richest and strongest man in all of existence. He wanted to surpass even the great Merlin believing that with his power he could accomplish anything. Even winning the heart of a beautiful witch who had refused to give him the time of day during their time at Hogwarts.

You see, Gulliver was willing to sacrifice everything and anything to get his way. It never mattered to him what others thought of him as long as he became successful in anything he'd set his mind too. A great bout of over-confidence that had been inherited from his mother and father.

You see Gulliver's parents died in search of a grand book, a book of the gods is what people called it. This book held spells from another world that were rumored to have undreamt power. With this book, its owner was unstoppable. But alas, no one had seen the book of centuries.

Gulliver was going to change that. He would be the one to find the book and use it to gain the love and riches he deemed himself worthy of. He was going to become the greatest sorcerer the world had ever known.

Gulliver traveled far and wide for a decade before he stumbled upon a small village. A village where the locals talks of a stone house in the woods. But this house came with a warning, one Gulliver would regret ignoring years later.

For in this house it was rumored that an old witch resided there, cursed to guard the treasure of the Gods. An all who traveled to find this treasure never returned from the woods. Locals often attempted to warn new comers to stay away from the woods, it wasn't a place one should be. Especially not after dark, but their warnings fell upon deaf ears.

For three days Gulliver stayed in the local inn while he made plans to find the stone house. He spoke to whoever was willing to talk about where the house could be and he drew himself a map.

Then one night, under the cloak of the moon's darkness Gulliver went into the woods. His plan was to steal the book, grant his every wish, and destroy it before the anyone could reverse its effects.

Gulliver believed he was smarter than those who came before him. He was confident he'd succeed where the had all failed.

So after many days and many nights of wandering the woods, searching for the stone house, he found it unguarded.

Only this stone house wasn't stone at all. It was an eerie, decrepit wooden house that looked seconds away from toppling over. The house itself appeared to be abandoned and uncared for.

With a deep reassuring breath Gulliver walked towards the front door and raised his hand to open it

With a deep reassuring breath Gulliver walked towards the front door and raised his hand to open it. Only instead the door swung open on its own to reveal the interior of the house. It was completely empty apart from a book shaped bag that sat in the middle of the floor. The contents of the bag seemed to glow causing Gulliver to step inside.

As he did, the door closed behind him and a voice spoke from the shadows.

"Finally." The voice croaked and with a shaky arm, a wand was raised to light the fireplace across the room.