0.4: So, Sorry About Your Mum...?

Two days later

"No! You should have called me the minute my child lost consciousness and you didn't

"No! You should have called me the minute my child lost consciousness and you didn't. That is my child, MINE! And she was hurt, she-I...she got hurt using powers she can't control and I wasn't here...I wasn't there!" I heard Papa yell as soon as I woke up. He sounded sad, like he'd been crying. I quietly got up and wrapped a blanket around myself as I made my way towards my father's voice.

"Papa?" I asked softly when I saw him in the living room with Nana. They both turned and he immediately rushed forward, pulling me into his arms.

"Oh my gem, my sweet, sweet gem. How are you feeling? Do you hurt anywhere? Can I get you anything? Are you hungry?" He asked while his eyes frantically searched my face and his arms wrapped around me gently.

"Did I save the man? Was I a hero like you?" I asked hopefully, bringing a wide smile to his face.

"You will always be a hero my little gem. And as for the man..." Papa paused turning to Nana who led us to a guest room. The man was laying in the bed still unconscious.

"He is healing." She whispered.

🐍⚜️🐍

A few hours later

Papa and Nana had been having hushed conversations all day. About what I barely knew, I only managed to check bits and pieces before they'd notice me and stop talking.

I was currently sitting in the guest room waiting for the man to wake up. I studied him as something about him looked sort of familiar, like maybe I'd read about him in one of Nana's old newspapers or something.

He was thin, with black curly hair, square cheeks, and he even had a funny looking snake tattooed on his arm. I gently leaned forward extending my arm as I poked his cheeks. I did this a few times before his eyes suddenly shot open and I jumped back.

I waited as he blinked a few times, his eyes searching the room around him before they landed on me and I smiled widely.

"Um...hello?" He spoke finally, his voice hoarse.

"Hi. I saved you with water." I greeted happily

"You wha-who even are you? Where am I? Is this death? Where are your parents? Wh-"

"You sure do talk a lot."I laughed cutting him off and he stared blankly at me for a moment. As if he was confused by my presence.

"Ok, rude." He muttered finally processing my words causing me to laugh again.

"Oh thank Merlin. I was wondering when you'd wake." Nana exclaimed as she entered the room with a smile causing the man's eyes to widen.

"Cassandra?" He gasped happily

"Mr. Black. I thought I told you not to put yourself in these dangerous situations." She sassed with her hands on her hips.

"Wait Nana, you know this man?" I asked confused as I looked between the two of them.