0.8: Magic School Bus(Train)

July 31st, 2011

"Dottie, are you ready to leave?" Nana asked from the other side of my bedroom door

"Dottie, are you ready to leave?" Nana asked from the other side of my bedroom door. I sighed looking in the mirror one more time, mentally giving myself another pep talk.

"I'll be right out Nana!" I called over my shoulder. I ran my hands down my face before I got up and grabbed my bag.

"Okay Emerald, you can do this." I mumbled reassuringly. It wasn't that I didn't want to go to Diagon Alley, I loved going there. But Papa was supposed to be here, he was supposed to see me get my wand and help me get my robes. He was supposed to be here when Nana thought I was buying to many books. He was supposed to be the one giving me pep talks!

But he's gone, my father is gone. I still could barely comprehend it, I mean he left me. I didn't even get to say goodbye, he didn't want to stay for me. Odin destroyed my father an I'd always hate him for it.

"I'll be right there, Nana!" I spoke after hearing a knock on the door.

"I am not your grandmother." Uncle Thor's voice whispered but I still heard it. I gasped quickly getting up and rushing to the door.

"Uncle Thor?!" I cheered jumping into his arms as he hugged me tightly.

"I knew it was an important day, it would not be right to miss it." He smiled as he gently sat me down on my feet.

"Really?" I asked hesitantly

"I wouldn't miss this for anything in all the realms. Now let us go before the good wands are taken!" He demanded with a smile, I didn't have the heart to tell him that it didn't work that way. I was to happy he was here to care about him being corrected.

"Then let's go." I beamed, grabbing his hand and leading him to the fire place where Nana was waiting.

"Alright into the fireplace dears!" Nana smiled holding out a pot of floo powder.

"Oh! Phoenix, let's go!" I called out a Reggie quickly ran over in his animagus form.

After much debate on whether it was a good idea Nana said Regulus could only come with us in his Animagus form. He was basically my older brother so, I wanted him to be there while I got ready for my first year at Hogwarts.

🐍⚜️🐍

"Now we got a bit of a late start so why don't I go get your supplies with Thor here while you go get your robes?" Nana suggested while pointing to the robe shop and I nodded.

"Is it really safe to let her go off on her own?" Thor asked hesitantly as he looked around as if he was searching for any nearby danger.

"I'll be fine uncle, besides Nana will need help carrying my books." I offered giving him something else to focus on. Thor had grown to love helping Nana in the past few months. Wether it be fixing the roof or simply carrying her bags he was happy to do it all.