2.6:New York, New York It's The City Of Dreams

While everyone else was sadly morning Phil I was looking for my father. I knew he hadn't left yet and I still wanted to talk.

"Looking for me?" A voice called as I passed the destroyed lab. I sighed when I felt his hand on my shoulder.

"You didn't leave." I muttered not looking up at him

"No one is here, I demand the truth. The things you have said, my gem would never-"

"Maybe because your gem is gone! Or have you just not stopped to consider that? The hell I went through to grieve you, it killed me inside. And for the last few days, knowing that you didn't actually die, that instead you just...left. Well that hurt worse. I was finally, finally coming to terms with your death and then you waltz right back into my life and you try and make me the bad guy? I don't know what sort of sick mind control you're under but I can't keep doing this back and forth. One second you believe me and I have hope, then you rush in and rip it away. And for what? Really I'm asking. What is your plan here?" I begged finally looking up at him to see his eyes were a mixture of blue and green and he and tears in them.

"I...I don't know." He whispered after a moment and then his face hardened and his eyes turned blue again and everything clicked.

"Please don't hate me for this later, okay?" I asked softly earning a scoff in response

"I grow sick of these-" He was cut off by me punching him causing him to fall backwards.

"If it worked for Clint, it has to work for you right?" I whispered looking down at my father's now unconscious body. Then I shrugged before walking over and scooping him up from under his arms so I could drag him to the others.

"Mother cannot guide you
Now you're on your own
Only me beside you..." I softly started to hum the comforting song as I walked.

🐍⚜️🐍

"You...punched him...in the face?" Steve asked shocked as we sat around the meeting room table with Tony.

"Yes. It worked for Clint!" I exclaimed begging them to understand as I laid my head down on the table.

"No no no, don't get me wrong. I understand why you did it. I just...didn't think you had it in you. I mean this is your father." Tony offered and I sighed. I sort of understood him.

"Hey, give the kid some credit. He walked out on her. She deserves a hit or two." Clint muttered as he walked over with Natasha who was smirking when she noticed the grimace on my face.

"He's fine. The bruises will heal." She reassured, referring to Clint and I nodded my head. I didn't think I hit him that hard. Although to be fair, my strength even for my age could rival my uncle's. I just pull my punches more than he does.

"So what now?" I asked looking around at all of the adults around me when Fury walked over with Hill.

"Now...we have bigger problems." Fury sighed as he walked out