1.8:Mirror Mirror On The Wall

Mid February 2012

"Dottie! Dottie! Dottie!" Draco yelled rushing into the common room out of breath and I quickly jumped up from where I was sitting

"What?! What?! What?!" I asked nervously standing with my arms raised, unsure if I should touch him or not. He looked completely frantic.

"Do you have Dahlia?" He asked looking around the common room as he began tossing things over his shoulders in efforts to find the small kitten.

"What? No, you took her this morning? I haven't seen her since Lunch." I said softly in an attempt to not make him panic more. I'd never really seen him have a panic attack before but Theo told me the stories. Goodness just thinking about him hurting that way made me ill.

"I-we were in the courtyard with Pansy and Theo but I must of fallen asleep. When I woke up she wasn't in my lap anymore. Pansy said maybe she came to see you?" He rambled, at this point it was clear to me that he was more talking out loud than actually speaking to me. This was something he did when he was extremely overwhelmed, meaning he was probably moments away from a panic attack.

"Dray...?" I whispered softly gently placing one hand on his shoulder and the other on his cheek. He flinched at first but then he leaned into the touch, his eyes darting around the room and his pupils wide.

"Draco." I tried again soothingly and this time his eyes finally met mine.

"Dottie?" He asked confused and I nodded

"Yeah, hi Dray. It's alright, I'm sure she's just gone off to one of her sun spots. She couldn't have gone far." I explained softly. The sun was setting outside so it was very possible that she'd found a ledge to take a nap on.

I really wasn't worried, she liked to wonder and she always seemed to come back at the end of the night.

"Can we just, will you look for her with me?" He asked nervously his hands curled into fists and shaking at his sides.

"Of course I will." I agreed grabbing my phone and my wand before the two of us rushed out of the common room.

🐍⚜️🐍

A few hours later

"There you are!" I sighed scooping Dahlia into my arms. The little black kitten had been sleeping in an alcove on the fourth floor.

"Come on, let's get you to Draco." I muttered snapping a picture of the two of us to send to him, letting him know I found her. Just as I started to make my way through the deougeons to meet Draco, I heard a voice from one of the unused classrooms.

"You guys are my parents...and I have no idea who you are..."

I slowly made my way over to a door that was cracked open and looked inside. Harry was sitting there wrapped in a blanket talking to his reflection.