2.1: Sneak Out With Me?

Late April 2012

"You didn't have to come with me you know?" I repeated for the thousandth time as I stood in the library searching for the right book

"Oh please, like I'd leave you alone with the weasel for hours." Draco scoffed leaning against the bookshelf. I'd come to the library to work on a history of magic assignment I'd been paired with Ron for.

"Well he's not even here, plus you're distracting." I mumbled rolling my eyes as I grabbed the book I was looking for before going over to my study table.

"Well where is he? Isn't the point of a partner assignment to do it with a partner?" Draco asked sarcastically earning an eye roll from me.

"Yes, but he had detention or something so I figured I'd get a head start on it." I shrugged flipping through the pages of my books.

"If he had detention or something...why did he just walk into the library with Potter and Granger?" He questioned incredulously and I looked over at him to see he was looking at the entrance of the library. Sure enough the popular Gryffindor trio stood there looking around before Hermione walked off and the boys trailed behind her.

"Come on." Draco smirked, pulling my arm so I'd follow him.

"Dray-"

"Shhh if he's going to stand you up, you at least deserve to know why." Draco whispered as we watched the trio sneak off to the Magical Creatures section.

"But I-"

"Oh come on. Where's that Slytherin ambition?" He joked

"Focused on my homework. Hard to be the best when you keep distracting me from finishing my work." I groaned but he ignored me. I sighed as he pulled me behind a shelf, we could hear the trio talking on the other side.

"Of course! Here it is...Nicholas Flamel is the only known maker of the philosophers stone." Hermione read as I shared a look with Draco.

"The what?" We mouthed silently just as Harry and Ron said the exact same thing out loud.

"Honestly, don't you two read?" Hermione asked, her question was followed by a brief pause before she started reading again.

"The philosopher's stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers. It will transform any metal into pure gold and produces the elixir of life which will make the drinker immortal."

"That can't be real." I whisper sharing a look with Draco.

"If it was, wouldn't everyone be talking about it by now? I mean think of the things you could do with a stone like that." Draco smirked clearly thinking of the possibilities that came with immortal life.

"Shh." I muttered waving Draco off as I tried to keep listening to what Hermione was saying.

"The only stone currently in existence belongs to Mr. Nicholas Flamel the alchemist, who last year celebrated his 665th birthday. That's what fluffy is guarding on the third floor. That's what's under trap door. The philosophers stone." Hermione announced quietly. I sent Draco a weary look at the mention of the forbidden floor of the castle.