21. Dead to me

One fucking night changed everything

One fucking night changed everything. Nandini's life turned upside down.

When the Khurranas kneeled in front of her on the dirt floor with everyone following the same, The youngest in the room, an eighteen-year-old just stood there with a gun, guarding Mukti's body whom she loved more than herself.

Nandini was lost, she didn't know why the fuck these people are treating her like this.

Just a minute before Harshad was calling her names, she injured King Cobra's man when he tried to touch her and junior Khurrana used to look at her like she was an interesting toy but the moment that old Khurrana got onto his knees, everyone did the same.

Like her, everyone is confused, she can see it, the humiliation and doubt dancing in the men's eyes for kneeling in front of a teen that too, a girl, but nevertheless they all obeyed.

Even Navya is kneeling down in front of her.

For a second, Nandini thought to fire her gun at the King Cobra and then they may fire back at her, but that's good too, everything will be over.

She can just lay next to Mukti, follow her to the death and even hell. It doesn't seem bad at all. She always thought she was going to die young but she didn't thought Mukti would die first, leaving her here alone.

Nandini thought Manik would kill her for loving him but she didn't thought Mukti was the one who would pay the price for it.

He could've killed Nandini instead and she would've accepted it, she would've forgiven him for killing her thinking it's her karma. But not this. Or he could've killed both of them, not just Mukti. He should've killed Nandini too.

That didn't happen too, obviously.

Nandini looked at the people whom she didn't care at all, the Khurrana looked at her while still kneeling. His white expensive suit is ruined, his shining shoes are messed up and those rings adorning his fingers shine at her in this dim room. Yet no one moved a muscle.

No one was looking at her, everyone had their heads bowed down except for Khurrana who continued to look at her as if she were his new hope.

"Get up", Nandini muttered, low but enough to hear in the dead silence room.

Everyone heard her but no one obeyed because the King Cobra was still kneeling in front of her. These men in front of her, don't fear or obey her, they can tear her apart in a second if they're given a chance.

But they respect and fear Mr. Khurrana and since he is still on the floor, they also remain in the same position.

The younger doesn't understand what's happening, she is still guarding Mukti's body with all her might and she knows if they want to get rid of her, they can do it in a minute. But they're not. No one looked afraid of her or respected her, they all are just as confused as she is.