18. Six feet under

Please do comment and vote :)

************

The best outcome that Nandini could have hoped for was that Manik killed her. 

Maybe by accident, maybe on purpose. Who knows!

As crazy as the thought sounded in her mind, she really thought that Manik could and would kill her if he so wanted. The threat had always been there from the start and yet Nandini had been drawn to Manik regardless, as if the danger was somewhat attractive and thrilling. 

The idea of Manik killing her wasn't as unpleasant as it had been just a few weeks ago.

Back then, the younger had been rather content with her fucked up little life; with Mukti and their shared bed and sisterly affections, with her job as the Cobras mascot without a tattoo and a backpack full of drugs and dirty money. 

Back then Nandini had actually wanted to live and yet since meeting Manik Malhotra, she had rapidly discovered that death was a rather fun alternative to having to spend another day in his company.

Maybe Manik would bring that metallic bat down nice and hard on her skull and there would be that wonderful sound that he had described to her; that crunch of glass under a boot heel.

See, Nandini had always known from the start that Manik would be trouble. 

But something about that trouble kept making her want to see what would happen if she carried on fucking around with him. Would someone really die? Would they end up in prison like some weird Bonnie and Clyde job? 

Would Cabir snap and finally kill the both of them because he couldn't handle them anymore? Or would Mukti do it?

The endings were infinite and that was Manik's appeal.

Nandini never got boring, something crazy was always just lying in wait to spring at her like an uncoiling cobra.

This wasn't love, not really. It was like sticking her hand into a fire and keeping it there just for fun.

How wonderful would it be for those boots of his to do some lethal damage? Maybe right down on her head or ribs, maybe make the bones puncture her lungs and just kill her in the most agonizing way?

Over and over Manik had told her that he was going to explode, he was going to kill Cobra motherfuckers, he was going to... The boy was a broken record and every single time Nandini had tuned out and thought about something much more interesting. 

Like how warm his eyes looked in the natural sunlight and not the harsh basement lights. Like how annoyingly tight his trousers were and that little trail of hair on his toned abs and what it would be like to unbuckle the belt around his hips. Nandini had heard the words and the warnings but she hadn't listened to them.

Maybe if Manik had stopped kissing her and had beat the shit out of her with a baseball bat a lot sooner then this wouldn't have happened?

Strangulation. Oh boy, that would be a kicker. Intimate. Manik could tell her how disgusting she made him feel as he looked into her eyes while he wrapped his hands around her throat and throttled her, straddling her body whilst he did. That might have even been fun for a little while before the blood vessels in her eyes exploded.

Yet none of those things happened to her. 

What happened was she passed out from the pain and the impact of her head bouncing off the concrete floor of the stupid living room, Manik was gentle even with this. He didn't even strangle her properly, he just pressed his two fingers on her neck, that's all and she slept for how long she doesn't know, and then she was coming around to the sensation of someone shaking her hard.