13. Valley of lies

Please do vote and comment :)

************

After Nandini left him with a smile, Manik went back to his place. He didn't get any calls yet which means there's no work or last night was too much of a rampage that everyone is knocked off their senses. 

Whatever. He checked on Cabir who said he is going to sleep all day and Manik shrugged. He went inside his home, ripped his jacket off and threw it away, then got into a shower. 

Peace. 

He felt after so many days, he doesn't even remember that emotion but whenever he is with her, it feels different. 

He swiped his wet hair back as he got out of the shower and dressed in jeans that has rips at his knees. He likes distressed. Without caring for a shirt, he lit a cigar and started watering his plants. It's been a long since he had a quiet time, too, clean and awake at this hour felt even strange to him. 

Normal. He felt normal for once.

But that didn't last long as he heard the bangs on his main door. Fucking Dev, told that guy not to come here abruptly or just give him a call. And that motherfucker doesn't listen, too arrogant to listen. Even though Dev is a goon and older than Manik, Manik knows that guy is scared of him.

Manik stomped to open the door but it's not Dev who is standing, it's thugs dressed in a black suit. Four men, big and wearing sunglasses like some fucking bodyguards and not goons.

One of them came up to him, face too straight and boring, "Please come with us, there will be no trouble", that guy said.

He raised an eyebrow as he stared at them up and down, four against one? That too, these fuckers look like assassinators and look like they want to kill him if he goes against them. 

Now usually Manik is not a guy who listens to others, at least not that easily but today, he is in a good mood. He is not getting the usual excitement to fuck things up, so he thought to play along.

"Okay, show me your tattoo?" Manik asked, he doesn't need their names or anything. If he is going to go with them, he has to know to whom they belong.

The other guys looked at the main guy as if asking permission and Manik gave them a bored look, so the main guy raised his arm and pulled back his sleeve to show the tattoo on his wrist. 

Cobras.

Manik gritted his teeth and suppressed a grunt of annoyance. Of course, he remembers beating the shit out of them in a pub just recently. That brat is really a spoiled brat, huh? But Manik knows these guys are not here to fight with him, they are here to take him somewhere.

They gestured for him to come with them, Manik threw a shirt on him, and clutching his leather jacket, he got into the car with them where they even opened a door for him. 

Instead of treating him like a rival's goon, they are treating him like a guest. Manik smirked to himself, how hard these orders must to be these guys as he knows they loathe him for hurting his friends.

Forty minutes passed and they are still driving, "Where the fuck are we going?" Manik asked not caring for manners. They didn't even cover his eyes with a blindfold, he can see the route to where they are going. To a rich area.

He got hard stares as if telling him to shut up, but of them responded, "To our boss's place".

And then he saw the car entering, once a huge gate opened for it. The condominium had an underground garage but some of Khurrana's vehicular trinkets could be seen beyond the gates. A matte red Lamborghini Aventador, a sleek grey Porsche, and a glossy black Rolls Royce Phantom VIII.