20. Mark of Menace

Unedited, but happy valentines :)

***********

Five months later

Five months later.

It's 2 am and Nandini stood by the glass tank, looking at the massive pet swimming across its magnificent tank while the night city lights are reflecting.

She loves this shark, it's like a proper predator right before her and she is treated like one. The other pets like tigers, lion and panthers, they became too docile and tamed. But this one is not like that.

Nandini saw many times how a man who was tied up with ropes was thrown into a tank and minutes later the only thing that remained was his disoriented flesh and bones. It's a good killing machine for their traitors, although cleaning sucks but who cares as it's not Nandini's task.

Shark has sharp teeth and great minds so when they attack, they go for the head first. Chopping from the top like one eats a carrot, it's that simple.

Nandini wishes this creature has a name at times like this, how beautiful it would sound if she thought something like my baby needs to eat something or my baby eats so well. Sober, not so pretty idea.

But again even if it's trapped here and her mother was dead, so she was raised alone. This Shark is treated like a wild animal with so much care and they tried to get her some companions but she rejected all of them, fighting, biting and raking.

And charts were showed that Shark is well, actually, stress-free when she is left alone. Since then they decided to keep it alone. So, the whole pool belongs to it and she swims like it's her territory.

Quite a dramatic creature!

Nandini snorts, a lot of times, she goes to the rooftop and dips her legs in her pool, Shark always came to her. Never rejected her. Always been hungry.

Right when the creature is about to attack, Nandini takes out her legs and the pool is caged with metal bars which are capable of withstanding this creature's angry tantrums.

It's a dangerous game but Nandini loves it. It always comes so swiftly, just like a pet when its snacks are displayed. Heartwhelming indeed even though Nandini knows that she is the snack and this creature doesn't love her, it just wants to eat her. But again, it's fair on its side, so Nandini doesn't take it personally.

After all, Nandini has a thing for honesty and raw desire. It's her type.

Someone cleared their throat and Nandini didn't turn back, she just nodded at whoever came closer to her.

This is a Khurrana's private and main property that's exclusive for only a few with security tighter than any other place in this country. And Khurranas belong to Nandini. So, this is hers and no one else at this hour will come except for the men who are only allowed.

One of them is Aryaman Khurrana who is standing behind her, his hair pulled back making his thick eyebrows look more prominent, and dressed in an expensive suit, he likes to show off his wealthy collection.