late night-full choir

1k views on this story! 😁
—————————————————————————

They split up and met again when they all had their uniforms back on. "Are you ever going to wash this?" Ricky said, trying to clean off the neckline of Jane's uniform. She pushed his hand away. "No, I want to keep the memories. I'm worried if I wash it away I'll loose them. Again." Jane said. Ricky kissed her on the cheek one more time before they went in the room. They were the first 2 there.

Constance saw Ocean and ran over. "You look beautiful again." Ocean said, kissing Constance. Constance blushed. "Thank you, you too!" She smiled, holding her hand. They walked into the room just like that, Constance had a bit of light pink lipstick on her cheek, which was what Constance wore. They sat down on the floor next to Jane and Ricky.

Noel and Mischa met up last in the empty main room. It was late enough at night, the sun was starting to set. Around 7, they assumed. They only had one clock, which was in the room. Noel kissed Mischa when he saw him, and Mischa smiled. "Did you paint your nails, Noel?" He asked, laughing. He looked down at Noel's black painted nails. Noel got shy. "Oh yeah I did, but it was a few days before the cyclone." Noel said, looking down at them. They'd grown out by now, he bit some of it off too. "Your hairs getting long." Noel told Mischa, looking at his long hair. It was down to his ears now, it had grown a lot since they'd gotten there. Somehow. This happened to Jane and Ocean too. They had no one to cut their hair, so all of them would have long hair forever. "Yeah, so has yours." Mischa frowned, touching Noels hair that was growing out. "Why are you frowning?" Noel asked, self conscious. "I'm not trying to, I just liked your old hair a lot." Mischa said. His hair wasn't much longer, so he was confused. He laughed. "Let's go, everyone's waiting." Mischa said. They walked into the room and sat in the circle.

"Hi, guys!" Constance smiled, welcoming everyone into their circle. "What time is it?" Noel asked. "It's actually around 10, we spent more time doing all those dumb things than I thought!" Ocean smiled. She was laughing about the fact that they spent over an hour building human pyramids. "Oh, that's later than I thought. Me and Noel assumed it was around 7." Mischa said, looking out the window to see pouring rain. Everyone else turned around. "It's raining so hard out there. What day is it again? It will start snowing soon I think." Ricky said. "It's September  25th. Not winter yet." Ocean said. Fall was her favorite season ever, she looked outside to see the cold weather and the falling leaves, wishing she could be outside. "I wish we could go outside." She told everyone, staring outside. "Me too." Jane said. Both of them had that in common, they wanted to have another chance to walk around. Ocean wanted a chance to really enjoy something for once, to enjoy outside more than she did when she was alive. Jane wanted to see what it was like, all she'd ever known was the warehouse. They were so similar, but so different. Ocean smiled at Jane. Jane smiled back. They all heard the pouring rain slamming against the window. "Are we still staying up all night?" Constance asked Mischa, who was usually in charge of planning stuff like that. "Yeah." Mischa said. It was silent for a few minutes, they watched every detail of outside. "I wish I'd gotten to enjoy outside more." Ricky told everyone. He was well aware of the fact he had been mistreated because of his disability, and sometimes he got bitter about it. It was reasonable though, because he'd been left out his whole life for something he couldn't control. "Me too." Jane said. Ricky kissed her cheek. "Ok let's stop this because I don't like the crying every day thing." Mischa said, trying to not be mean. "Yeah, sorry." Jane said. She hadn't started crying either, but everyone had an idea that she cried every single day. Everyone got quiet again. Constance's nature to comfort anyone came in again. "I wish that too. We can't even open the windows in here." She said, trying to agree with people, knowing it gave some people a sense of comfort. "Vines are probably going to grow over soon, this place has been abandoned forever, I can assume." Noel said, referencing the fact that everything in the warehouse was at least 30 years old. It hurt everyone's feelings knowing soon they'd have no access to outside. "When vines grow over, do you think we wont ever see outside again?" Mischa asked, getting worried. "I don't know." Ocean said. "Let's move on guys." Constance said, not meaning to start a problem. Everyone in the choir had been anxious since they got at the warehouse, always scared and worried.

"We should talk about our old memories together. We've known each other since kindergarten, except for Mischa." Constance said. She was a very nostalgic person, she loved to go over the past with anyone who might want to talk about it. "Do you remember our first choir rehearsal ever?" Noel asked. He still did. He had always remembered it. "I'd love to hear about it." Jane smiled, looking at him. "We were all in sixth grade, it was the first year we could do choir. Our choir was the same every year except for when Mischa joined. Our first choir rehearsal, we all decided that ocean should be the 'president' of it. We all regretted that." Noel said, laughing. Ocean understood he was joking and laughed too. "I was so excited to be 'president.' I don't even know what that did." Ocean said, laughing. "Do you guys remember when Mischa got there? We started all having sleepovers every single weekend. Those were fun. We would've loved what we have now." Constance smiled. "I remember getting there, Ricky was one of my first friends." Mischa said, making Ricky smile. "Do you guys remember where you were going to go for college?" Ocean asked. "I was going to go to Brown." She laughed. She remembered being so excited to leave. "I was going to go to community college. You know that." Constance said, remembering how scared she felt, knowing she didn't have much to do after. "I was going to go to Nipawin." Noel smiled. He remembered that he really wanted to attend a Bible college since he was little. "I was going to go to Carlton. I didn't have any majors in mind." Mischa said. He remembered hating the idea of college, but feeling like he had to apply. "I wanted to not go to college. The only reason was because I wanted to do a different path. I wanted to volunteer or to own my own business. I really wanted to change the world." Ricky smiled. His dream was always to make a huge impact and go change lives. "Can we talk about something from when we were here?" Jane asked. She was uncomfortable sitting in silence while everyone talked about something she knew nothing about. "How about we just change the topic?" Constance asked, smiling.
—————————————————————————-
Authors note:

I had fun writing this! I don't really know what I wrote this about and just forgot this entire chapter so I'll read over it later.

Words: 1260!