First, Last and Fireflies

Well, Can, I think our viewers and your fans are about to lose their minds when this goes live, the host said as she thanked him for a great interview.

Saying his goodbyes, he turned to look at Sanem, whose hand he had never let go of.

Alone at last, he said huskily as he inched closer to her, nuzzling his nose in her hair, making goosebumps appear everywhere.

I have missed you so much, Can, she whispered as her eyes closed, lost in the feel of this beautiful man being so close.

Pulling away to look into her eyes, he said, I have missed you every second of every day since we parted, Sanem. There is so much to talk about but right now...I just want to hold you in my arms and feel you close to me. 

There's nothing that I want more, Can Divit, Sanem said as she kissed the corners of his mouth before pressing her lips to his fully.

Can was sure that fireworks had been set off somewhere because all he saw was sparks that lit up the sky or in his heart at least.

Sanem, Sanem. How did I live these last 12 months without you? he moaned as he alternated between whispering and kissing.

Shaking her head slightly, she answered, I have no idea how we did it. To not have this, to not be able to touch you, kiss you, speak to you. I don't know how I endured it.

Can effortlessly pulled her into his lap, cradling her like a baby and held her close.

Sanem, I should have called you. I should have fought more to find out what happened. I, I just was so stunned. Your words..they cut me so deep, he said painfully as he held her close.

Can, I'm so sorry. I, I don't know how I was strong enough to say those things..to lie to you. But I knew that if I were to get my grandfather out of our lives and keep his word to me about my father, I needed you to believe that I didn't love you. I knew, Can. I knew that you would fight for me if I didn't make you believe me. It nearly killed me. To see your eyes..that pain that I caused. That's why I ran away that night. I couldn't face you after I said those words. I ran also because my eyes would have given me away..betrayed me if I stayed there a moment longer, she said as the tears poured down her face.

Shhh, shhh, Sanem. It's over, bebek. I know what you did and why. We don't ever have to talk about that night again. But just for the record. I went back and forth between believing you and knowing that something was wrong. And I wish that I had stayed and pursued my suspicions, Can said as he wiped her tears gently as he looked deep into her eyes.

Sitting up slightly, Sanem took a deep breath, her expression turning serious as she replied, No. NO, Can. You were meant to leave. You were meant to go and pursue your dreams, explore the world, find your voice. You were meant to do all of that! Never regret that!

Can looked at her and said sadly, But we were going to do that together. We were supposed to go to the Galapagos Islands together.

Leaning in and putting her forehead to his, she whispered, And we will. One day.

Can sat there and knew in that moment what he wanted to do as a smile broke across his face.

Mirroring him, Sanem asked, What? What is that look? as she smiled.

Nothing. But you're right. We will go there together one day, he said as he kissed her lips once again.

I really love the albatross clip in your hair, Sanem said as she ran her fingers over the clip in his long, wavy locks, watching him smile as she did.

He brought her close for another long, slow kiss. He felt like he was drowning in them.

Can, I finished your book last night, Sanem said when they broke the kiss, in much need of some air.