Chapter 30

".....Amma, you must be joking, right?" Anil couldn't help but twitch the corner of his mouth. Looking at his enthusiastic mother, he is helpless than ever.

"What joke? I am serious! You should be grateful that your Amma is so modern and open minded!" Akhila raised her chin proudly and she was nothing like an old mother who is in her late sixties.

"Amma, but this---"

"No buts!!! Just look at this and select a good son-in-law for me!" Akhila again arranged the photos of her 'son-in-law candidates' and argued him impatiently.

"Son-in-law?" Anil Ramachandran, the great CEO of Menon Groups was speechless beyond words.

"Amma, who told you that I--, ahhm... I prefer men..." Anil rubbed the centre of his brows and asked helplessly.

"Huh!?????" Akhila was confused with more than one question marks on her head.

"Amma..." Anil held his mother's hand and said calmly. "I don't like men."

Anil was confused inside, how the hell did she came into this conclusion?

"Don't like girls... Don't like boys... !!!!" Akhila felt like her mind collapsing and cupped her son's face with her hands.

"Son, tell Amma honestly. You do have a problem 'there', right???" Akhila sat back in the shock of her discovery, leaving Anil dumbfounded.

"......" I don't understand how a woman's brain circuit works. It's unpredictable.....!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next Early Morning.

"Anil, my baby, pray sincerely to God to send you your woman soon

"Anil, my baby, pray sincerely to God to send you your woman soon." Akhila looked at her son with plenty of white years and her hurt was bleeding. She looked at God sculpture surrounded by deepams* and folded her hands (🙏) and closer her eyes to pray.

Inside the Nada*, poojari rang the mani* and worshipped the God. The sound of mandras* and fragrance of incense sticks spread throughout there, calming their mind and body and connecting them with the God.

Anil obediently prayed to God helplessly. He don't know how long he took to make his mom understand that he is not a gay. It's just that he hadn't found a woman who can make his heart flutter. It was only then his mom calmed down.

But what he prayed was different...

God, please keep my mom happy and healthy. Please make all her wishes come true. Please keep acha, Amma, ettan*, ettathi*, my nephew and niece, all of them safe and sound.

In the corner side of the temple was the prathishta* of Lord Krishna. Deepa, Diya and Daisy was praying there. Their family has some vazhipadu* at different temples. So they first came here to complete the rituals here.