Chapter 16

"Unmarried...??" Deepa looked at him head to toe with surprise. Realising that she is behaving rudely, she immediately said.

"I am sorry... I thought... You look Ol-...Ahem.... I mean quite aged.. So..I...I" Deepa tried to explain, but she didn't know where to start or where to end.

"I am just thirty-two." Anil looked straight into the embarrassed figure infront of him. He can't blame her. A man in thirties is indeed an 'uncle' for a teenager.

"Huh? But-- your hair... It's almost all-- white!" She looked at him with eyes wide open. Her forty years old father don't have half of this man's white hairs!!

"Hormone variation." He said calmly.

"Oh!" She nodded in understanding.

"I contacted your father. He is on his way here." His voice sounded again.

"Huh, Acha?" Deepa gazed at the open window. The rain has stopped already.  The sky outside was thick dark, nothing could be seen. 'It's too late... Achan said he has overtime work today. His workplaces and school is two cities apart. He might be worried to death...'

Deepa dropped her lashes, thinking about the whole events happened today. Her heart was chilled along with her body.

She closed her eyes tightly.The pain was wiped away, and all the temporary faces was erased.

Throughout the two years here, there was nothing memorable for her. Even those faces... She don't want to expect anything from those temporary events.

She breathed deeply, and opened her eyes. The darkness drifted away, light penetrated in. A steady and mature face appeared in her field of vision. His deep eyes was fixed on her. His hands were folded in his chest and was sitting majestically before her.

The corner of her lips curved slightly, eyes were as calm as a sea.

'Seems like this moment cannot be forgotten...' She whispered in her heart.

"Thank you, sir. For saving me... For taking care of me... And also for being a wonderful teacher for me. Physics was always an alien subject for me. But you taught it extremely well. Thank you."

"What happened today. Do you wanna talk about it? Can you tell me why this happened?" He asked her.

Deepa was silent. After a few moments, she smiled. "It's not longer important, sir. After today, this chapter is closed in my life. I no longer want to be pestered by this."

"Sure? Should I talk with your parents to let you have a counseling or something? Today.... " He paused. "... It may give you any shadows..."

"Never. Irrelevant things has a boundary in my life. They are not worthy of being something that could affect my mind." She said with confidence.

Anil has locked his eyes with her eyes. He didn't missed the flash of cold light in her eyes. It quickly disappeared as it never existed. Now, the teenager before him wasn't the pale and trembling one before. But now, the teenager before him wasn't the pale and trembling one before. She is calm, elegant and graceful. As they were deep routed in her bones.

As the heir of a prestigious and aristocratic family, he has seen countless heiresses and queens in his life. But, this little girl before him was different them. Her ability to conceal emotions and noble aura is not something one can achieve easily.