Chapter 22

Kerala, India.

In a beautiful courtyard with local fruit trees and plants, at the centre was a magnificent villa. The architectural style was mostly in traditional Indian design with a historical touch. In one view, the three-story Villa was magnificent.

This Villa belongs to Prakash Yadav. He works as the Vice president of Agustin Groups, the largest multinational company in India, which was widespread throughout the world. The rumours says that Agustin family have Indian roots but their business prospered at abroad.

When Deepa was a teenager, he was only a manger under the CEO Of AG. But later he got promoted due to his excellent work performance.

From a middle class family they raised to a high class family. Radhika Prakash Yadav, still works as a designer under the A&A Fashions, the leading designer group in Fashion Industry. As a decade passed, Radhika, from a rookie designer became a Chief designer who won international awards.

The Yadav Couples has three daughters; Deepa, Diya and Daisy. Eldest daughter Deepa is the leading Surgeon and medical researcher. Second daughter Diya has followed her mother's genes, and is developing her career as a Fashion designer. The youngest daughter Daisy, is a a painter. After completing school studies, she took a break and started painting to relax herself. Coincidentally, one of her painting attracted Ravindra Varma, the renowned Indian Painter. Later, he accepted her as his discipline and currently she is learning more about art under his guidance. And also starting her study in computer engineering.

Back to the Villa, as warm as ever, Radhika is cooking in the kitchen and Diya is helping her. On the kitchen table, Daisy is sitting cross legged with a half eaten carrot in her hand. They are chatting and laughing, getting along harmoniously.

"Amma, when will chechi come back?" Daisy asked while chewing her carrot leisurely.

"She has one more surgery to do this month. After that, she will be back right away." Radhika said as she put the washed dishes back on the stand.

"Thinking of that, It's been three years since Chechi came here. Last time we visited her in London on her graduation day."
Diya said with a sigh, missing Deepa very much.

Daisy also went silent at this moment. Although she wished that Deepa will go away so that she can have her freedom, it was only after she really left that Daisy realised how important her chechi's strictness was.

'She is strict and short tempered. But, everything she done was for own good. When Amma and Achan was away from home cause of work, she was with us like a second mom.

But... It was only in this twelve years after she left that I realised, in her every actions, all remained was her love, care and worry for us.'

'She was afraid we would go astray without mom and dad. She beared the responsibility of caring, educating, and never feel Achan and Amma's absence.

That's why, she beat us when we were over mischievous. Scolded us when we were unreasonable. Tried her best to make us understand our faults and make up for it.'

'But what had we done?'

'Shouted at her for controlling us.'

'Told her to not behave like she is Amma'

'Hurted her with every possible words... Even though, it was for that momentary dissatisfaction, we should have never done that....'

'After she left, we slowly realised everything when we were to manage our life our own.'

'Understood why Chechi said all those "controlling words" to us'

'But when we wanted to apologise, we never had a chance.'

Radhika looked at her silent daughters and smiled faintly.

"Now, you know that it's your fault?"

Diya and Daisy lowered their head without speaking.

"Deepa loves you both so much. And she still does. So, apologise and admit your mistakes. Better late than never."

Radhika patted their heads and went outside the kitchen with tea for Prakash.

Diya and Daisy looked at each other silently.

'Better Late Than Never.'