Chapter 5

Night Time, 7: 30 pm.

Around a round dining table sat Deepa and her siblings. Deepa was scrolling on her phone while Diya and Daisy was discussing the upcoming scenes in their favourite serials.

"It would have been better, if you coud remember your textbooks like those TV serials!!" Radhika came out of the kitchen carrying a plate of chapathi and curry in a bowl.

Daisy and Diya nodded obediently and said they understood. Radhika rolled her eyes at them. She knew these brats didn't take her words seriously at all! Anyways, she didn't continued to say, she knew if she mind, these two monkeys will anger her to death!!!

"Deepa, I heard someone calling you now. Was it Acha (dad)?" Radhika filled each plate for her daughters and asked.

"Yeah... He said he have to work overtime today and will be back tomorrow morning." Deepa said, placed her phone aside and placed chapathi in her Amma's (mom) plate.

"Has he eaten?" Radhika asked as she poured water in their glass.

"He did." Deepa replied.

"Then it's fine. C'mon let's eat too..." Radhika sat down and they had lively dinner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In Deepa's bedroom.

There wasn't any specifically designed things in the room. Just a single bed, a study table, cupboard, a dressing table with a wardrobe attached. Her study table was filled with her notes, textbook, stationery, etc. But they all were neatly arranged and and there wasn't any dust anywhere. Deepa is a clean freak and don't like to sit in a messy room. So she always keep everything tidily.

Deepa came out of the bathroom and closed the curtains and turned off the lights, only keeping the bedside lamp so that it is not entirely dark. She lied on the bed and covered herself with a quilt. She closed her eyes and was preparing to sleep.

One minute passed... Five minutes passed....Ten minutes passed.... Fifteen minutes passed....

"......"

Deep sat straight and there was no sleepiness in her eyes. Under the faint light of the lamp, her eyes were focused on a certain point, looking lifeless.

Outside, the thunder was rumbling and lightning was flashing. The rustling of the leaves and howling of wind spread chills through one's spine. Soon the rain was pattering outside and this night was unexpectedly terrifying.

Inside the bedroom, Deepa wasn't scared by this ferocious climate at all. Infact she was at this month indifferent. Her eyes was colder and darker than this night. There was no emotions in her eyes and she herself didn't know that her entire soul is emitting a deadly aura now.

**rumbles~~~**

The sudden thunder outside, shook Deepa who seem to be possessed by something.

"What happened to me just now??" Deepa place her right hand over her left chest and felt abnormal beating of her heart. Her eyes were full of confusion and she didn't understand why she felt herself unfamiliar just now.

**thudd**

Deepa was startled by the sudden sound and tilted her head in horror. There was a small family photo on the bedside table, and now it was lying down on the table. Deepa sighed. 'It was a photo... I almost passed out now...'

She took the family photo and her gaze was fixed on it for a long time. In the photo was she, Diya, Daisy, and her parents. Everyone was smiling and looking cheerful. Or to be exact, only her sisters and Radhika was smiling heartily in the picture...

For the first time, Deepa felt like she never looked carefully at this picture. She looked at her and her father's face. Although they were smiling, it didn't reach their eyes. Looking carefully, Deepa felt that there was ineffable feeling in her and father's eyes. It's strange that she don't even know why she looks like that...

"Why?"

She felt that her heart was split into two and one was beating painfully while the other has turned into an ice piece and crushed into millions. Deepa clenched her chest and her eyes turned red. It was too painful and she was gasping for breath.

Before even she can figure out, that the excruciating feeling disappeared as it never happened at all! If it wasn't for the tear stain on her face, Deepa would have thought that she has epiphora or something.

Deepa put back the photo and drank a cup of water from the bottle on the table. Then washed her face and lied on the bed. This time she fell asleep as soon as she touched the pillow.

In this horrible weather, resembling a horror movie, Deepa felt extremely secure and fell into a deep sleep as someone was guarding her...

At this time, she didn't know that, in the corner of the room, there was...........