Chapter 2

July 3, 2023.

Hope Higher Secondary School.

It was the third day after the school reopening. In the previous days, the teachers has been busy with the classroom arrangements, and it was only today that the respective teachers came to the classes.

The first classes was indeed a different experience for the students. Expecially physics which was entirely different from the way they had learned till now. Deepa chose biology science, and it has biology, chemistry, physics, language, mathematics and english, a total of six subjects.

For her, apart from physics other subjects were relatively simple. And for why she felt it tough, let's see...

As the syllabus is relatively wide, there is two teachers appointed for each subject in the same class. In the second period, Mrs. Sheela entered the classroom, and the chattering and noisy classroom immediately fell silent. Everyone get back to their seat, and took out their notebooks.

"Good morning students. I am Sheela, your physics teacher. Let me tell you an important thing. Physics is not an easy subject for you to comprehend. If you didn't pay attention to the classes and prepare notes accordingly, you will sweat buckets in the exam hall. So, pay attention to the classes and ask me if you have any doubts." Mrs. Sheela said, it was more like a warning. But of course, the students didn't mind at all.

Without any further interactions like other teachers, she started her class. It was fine in the beginning, but as she continued, Deepa realised a major problem! Mrs. Sheela is not a fan of blackboard!! She don't write anything on the blackboard, unless it is the derivation of equations!!

Deepa couldn't understand anything as Mrs. Sheela kept talking about the theory and other concepts seriously without anything for the students to refer. As the textbooks are heavy, there is no need to bring them to school and teachers give notes as they teach. So it was not easy for her to keep up with mind notes.

After that period was over, Deepa sighed in distress. "Seems like it's not as easy as I thought..." She thought. Deepa opened her notebook and read her notes over again. Thankfully, she could understand more with notes.

"Hey, Deepa! Can you please put away those books? It's hurting my eyes! Why are you always a bookworm!?" Jasmine jokes as she looked at Deepa dramatically.

Deepa smiled slightly and put away her books. She tilted her head, looked at her friends including Jasmine having a lively talk each other. She looked at the other students who were also having chit-chat. Everyone is busy with their own group and sharing interest with each other.

She is the only one, alone as always... Her deskmates have been friends with her more than two years. She likes them and they like her too. Or maybe she thought it that way. She don't know why but she always feel that her friends are never bothered about her presence.

Although they are mingling normally, she can't feel a connection from them. No matter how much she tried to be close with them, they always walk faraway from her. Maybe they didn't mean to do that, but she feels it that way. When she looks at them together, they are always happy and having fun. Even now, they are sitting together in the same bench, but she feels like she is miles away from them.

Deepa is not an extrovert person. To be exact, she was once an extra-extrovert child. But she was constantly pushed away by her friends whom she attached great importance. They never cared about her presence, whether she is with them or not wasn't a matter to bother.

Maybe they didn't like her, or didn't want her to be with them, because she is the topper in their class. She is and she was always one of the best in studies. In their mind, the is cold and distant. There is nothing in her mind other than studies. When others are studying to live, she is living to study.

But they never seen how this cold classmate tried her best to be one of them. How she was constantly pushed away by them unintentionally. How the smile and shine in her eyes faded away because of their alliance. It was their unintentional behaviours that made the Deepa today.

She is introvert, afraid to look at someone's eyes when she is talking to them, always feels inferior, and thinks that it's her problem to not being able to mingle with her friends...

Deepa closed her heavy eyelids and took a deep breath. She felt a lot better. Opening her eyes again, she said to herself in heart, "Anyways, it's not longer important whether you have friends or not. They are just some passerbys in your life. Don't care anymore. The happiness of your life depends on you! Don't waste your time on them, Deepa Lakshmi. This period is temporary. It will pass soon. And no longer important in your life..."

The bell for the next period rang, shaking off Deepa from her thoughts. From the corner of her eyes she saw someone passing by the windows. Her eyes followed that shadow, and finally saw that figure coming to her classroom.