Haldi ceremony

Author pov

Hridyam and Ruhani were getting ready for Neel's haldi ceremony.

" Yeh iska nada kyu nahi band rha ? " With frustration, she said. She was attempting to knot her lehnga string.

(Why was its string not tieng ?)

" Kya hua? .... gubare jaise muh qu phula rkha hai ? " He asked her wearing his kurta. "Sahi baat hai ab toh mein aapko gubbare jaise hi lagungi...pta nahi jab mein pregnant houngi tab toh mein apko saand lagungi," she scowled at his reflection in the mirror. Hearing this, he burst out laughing.

(What happened? .... Why are you blowing up your face like a balloon? )

(That's right, now I will look like a balloon to you... don't know, when I will be pregnant then I will look like a bull to you.)

" Haslo haslo.... Let me go back to Bengal once, this time I will come back only after learning black magic and will turn you into a rat  " she muttered.

He got closer to her and hugged her from behind. "A rat, seriously? " He enquired and she hummed.

"A rat can also gnaw," he added, snuggling his face into the crook of her neck.

"If a rat can gnaw, I know how to keep it in a cage," she said, pushing him away.

" Can't you be little bit romantic Mrs Singhania ? " He said frustratedly.

" Is this a time to be romantic? It's your bestie's haldi function and we are already late... and on top of that this string " she said trying tieng strings.

" Let me do it " he said holding her her lehnga's strings.

" Tight bandna " she said.

He pulled and tightly tied them.

" Ahh..thoda kam tight mein khana kaise khaungi ....thoda deela Karo " he shook his head and tied it little bit loose.

(Ahh...how will I eat in this? Make it less tight...loosen it a little.)

"It's fine now? " He asked and she hummed.

" Anhh," she moaned as he bit her waist, reminding her of the first day after their wedding. She blushed as she remembered it.

" You are bad....now I have to hide it with concealer" she said pouting.

"There is nothing to hide," he said, kissing her pout.

" There is nothing to hide? "What will people think if they see?" she inquired.

" that your husband loves you very much " he said.

"Does my husband need these hickeys to express his love? " She inquired, looking directly into his eyes.
He took his steps back and made distance between them.

" Your husband loves you even when he is far away from you, he loves you even when he is near you, he loves you even when he is away from you and he loves you even when he is without you, he loves you even after seeing you, he loves you even without seeing you, he loves you even with his eyes open, he loves you even with his eyes closed, he loves your body and  love your soul too… I don’t need this body to love you my little wife “she slowly took her steps towards him and said”  my black magic has done a bit more work" he chuckled hearing her.

" Even in such a filmy moment you are cracking your Bengali jokes "

"Aside from joking, Mr Singhania, do not love me so much...because one day I will leave you, and how will you live without me?" His eyes darkened as he heard her. He grabbed her by the waist and pulled her towards him, saying in a dangerous tone, "Mrs. Ruhani singhania, aap kahi nahi Jaa sakti hume chod ke."