Why me ?

Ruhani pov

I opened my eyes slowly, when I felt sunlight coming from the window.  I sat up and yawned, spreading my hands in the air.

" Good morning Suraj dada " I wished him with a wide smile on my face.

( Suraj dada - sun )

I don't have my family not even relatives so I made my own family. This beautiful, adorable, magical, healing nature is my family. Isn't it amazing?

I got out of bed when I realized that if I did not empty my bladder it would burst. I ran towards the bathroom. After doing my morning rituals, I also took a shower.

After getting ready for Mahira's haldi, I started going towards the hotel’s other side where the haldi  was taking place.

On reaching there I saw that haldi had already begun. Both the bride and groom were sitting next to each other.  Some boys were applying turmeric to the groom.  Because of that I wasn't able to see the groom's face. 

I went to Mahira and applied turmeric to her and said "congratulations senior" she hugged me as I hugged her back.

I was about to leave but stopped hearing a boy say

"this is wrong, Mahira, your friend only applied turmeric to you but did not apply it to my brother." That boy said pouting. 

" He is cute.If I had a brother he would be exactly like him." I thought.

"Beta apply turmeric to the groom also. " An elderly woman said , I nodded.

I dipped my hands in turmeric and looked at the groom but to my surprise he was already looking at me. 

It made the situation awkward for me. I awkwardly smiled at him and applied turmeric on his face. 

I said " Congratulations"  and went to  stand with the crowd.

Hridyam pov

I was sitting beside  Mahira doing this boring ritual . People are applying the same turmeric on my face again and again.  I don't know how many dirty hands have touched my face till now. It would have been better if I had shot all these people at once and celebrated my haldi with their blood.

Chain of my thoughts broke when I heard a melodious voice. I have never heard this voice before. I looked to my left, a girl was hugging Mahira, I could not see her face because of her hair. A desire arose in me to tuck her hair behind her ear. 

" What the fuck am I thinking?" 

I turned my gaze towards the front.  The girl was about to leave but stopped after hearing Udit's voice.

"this is wrong, Mahira, your friend only applied turmeric to you but did not apply it to my brother." 

I looked at that girl, who turned after listening to Udit.

" Beautiful"  was the only word that came to mind after seeing  her .

" Fuck....fuck I have never admired the beauty of any girl before, not even in my dreams." 

"Beta apply turmeric to the groom also. " Dadi said.

She bent a little to take the turmeric paste in her hand.  Her cleavage came in my view. She has a mole on her cleavage.

" You bastard, Hridyam....you have never seen a girl this way before...fuck what is happening to me?"

Her brown orbs met mine and I got lost in her eyes. She gave me a smile or should I say an awkward one. Her soft hands touched my cheeks.