Mrs Khadoos Shergill!

The next few days passed , one night during sleep, Monami felt Karan's body temperature to be quite warm.

She immediately sat up and slowly checked his body temperature.

She felt that his body was burning.

She immediately , then got up and  went to the drawer near the dressing table where the first aid kit was kept.

She removes the thermometer and kept the box back into the drawer.

She then slowly went towards Karan and patted his head.

Karan smiled at her actions , but then Monami softly called out his name .

Monami: Karan, please utho!

Karan slowly opened his eyes and saw that Monami was looking at him with lots of concern.

Although he was having body pain,due to the fever he quickly sat up.

Monami asked him to be gentle and slow.

Monami: Karan aaram se.....please tumhari tabiyat theek nahi hain.

Saying so , she kept the thermometer near his armpit .
Karan frowned but Monami glared at him.

After a minute she took the thermometer and saw that Karan's body temperature was high....it was 101.6 degree Farhenheit.

She glared at Karan while Karan gulped his saliva as he knew that when his Rani Sahiba , is in her Doctor Mode,no one can save him from the bitter pills and the bland khichdi.
Not even God!

Monami,  then went to the kitchen and prepared some kadha,  which is good during fever and also bought some food for him.

She fed him lovingly and Karan enjoyed having food from his Rani Sahiba' hands.

But as soon as the Kadha was given to him , he started making faces.

Karan : Rani Sahiba, Main yeh nahi peene waala hoon.

Tum jaanti ho na iska taste kaise hota hain! Bahut kadwa please....

Monami, didn't listen to any of his, pleas....She glared at him and he gulped down the entire thing in a go .

As soon As he drank it, Monami gave a kiss on his cheek. Karan smiled at her actions.

Karan: Agar mujhe Kadha peene par,  aise kiss milne wala hain toh main toh sab kuch peene taiyaarhoon.

Monami chuckled at his statement. She made him lie down and went to get a cloth and some cold water.

She soon came back and sat beside Karan.
She started applying the cold water strips on Karan's forehead.

Karan didn't want Monami to do all this and also asked her to sleep but Monami refused saying that , if she was ill , wouldn't he have taken care of her.

Karan: Monami,  tumhe the sab karne ki zaroorat nahi hain.

Main theek ho jaaunga...abhi tumne mujhe Kadha pilaya hain aur dawai bhi di hain.

Subah tak I will be all okay.

Monami : Karan, mujhe karne do....agar tumhari jagah main bimaar hoti toh tum bhi the sab karte na?!

Karan nodded.

Monami: Toh mujhe karne do....aur waise bhi main tumhari biwi hoon aur Doctor bhi, toh ab tum apne aankh band karo aur so jao .

Karan smiled and closed his eyes.

Monami continued changing the cloth strips and in sometime,  Karan's body temperature seemed to have come down.

Monami, then went to keep them in their respective places .

As soon as she came back, see saw forehead wrinkles on Karan's face and understood that he might be having a headache.

She sat beside him, and started massaging his head.

As soon as Monami started massaging Karan's head , a smile formed on his lips.

The next morning, Monami's sleep broke due to the ringing of Karan's alarm. She quickly shut it before Karan's sleep broke.

She checked his temperature and heaved a sigh of relief as his temperature had come down.

She quietly freshened up and went to the kitchen .

She sent a message to Faizi stating that Karan would not report in the Headquarters for two days .

She then started preparing breakfast for everyone and of course a special breakfast for Karan.

Janhavi who then entered the kitchen was surprised seeing Monami cooking khichdi .

Janhavi: Monami kya hua, tum theek toh ho na?!
Aur tum khichdi kyu paka rahi ho!

Monami: Maa main bilkul theek hoon...woh kal raat Karan ko thoda bukhar thha toh main bas usi ke liye Khichdi paka rahi hoon.

Maine nashata bana diya hain aur Mumma, maine Faizi ko inform kar diya hain ki woh Karan ki do din ki chutti bhi Headquarters main inform kardein.

Monami's phone rang at that moment.

It was Faizi who was calling as he saw the message and wanted to know if everything was alright!

Monami answered his call and put the call on speaker.

Faizi: Monami sab theek hain na.....maine tumhara message padha issliye maine turant call kiya.

Monami: Faizi bhaiya main bilkul theek hoon, who shayad kucch dino se Karan pe itna saara kaam ka pressure thha ki jab raat usko tez bukhaar bhi thha.

Maine usko dawaiy bhi de di thhi aur subah jab main uthi tab uska bukhaar utar chuka thha.

Par abhi agar woh do din ghar par aaram karenge toh uski sehat aur bhi bwhtar ho jaayegi.

Faizi: Haan Monami tumne sahi decision liya warna Ulti Khopdi ko aaram karwana matlab jang pe jaana hota hain.
Ham uske leave ko update kar denge  .

Aap apna aur hamare dost ka khyal rakhna.

Monami smiled at bud goodbye to Faizi.

Monami then took the freshly prepared Khichdi in a bowl and also took her breakfast and went to her room.

As soon  as she entered the room, she was surprised looking at Karan sit on the bed playing with Coco.

She soon sat next to Karan and fed Coco milk.

Once Coco had her milk she ran from her Mumma Dadda's room to her Granny, Janhavi.

Moran smiled at Coco's antics.

As soon as Karan saw Khichdi he started making faces and his mood swings set in.

But nonetheless our Doctor Sahiba ,with her glares managed to feed Karan THE KHICHDI.