Pooja for Moran's Baby

The next morning, Moran woke up earlier than usual as they had to perform the veneration for their little bundle of happiness!

Karan kissed Monami's forehead and then her belly.  Monami smiled and caressed his hair. Monami freshened up and was sitting on the bed wearing a bathrobe as she had to wear a saree and she knew her Khadoos Shergill will help her in draping the 9 yards long clothing.

Karan freshened up and then helped Monami to drape the Saree. Their Saree romance was put to halt by the knock on their door by Janhavi.

Janhavi: Baccho jaldi karo ,Pooja ka Muhurat ho gaya hain. 

Moran: Haan Maa ham bas panch minute mein bahar as jayenge.

Janhavi went away ,while Karan applied kajal and some little blush on Monami's face. He had bought gajra for her and put it on her hair.

Karan : Ab lag rahi ho, meri Rajkumari Sahiba ki Maa!
Monami blushed and playfully slapped on his arms.

They went to the hall were everyone was waiting for them. The Panditji started the veneration by invoking the deities and praying to them to bless Moran's baby.  Soon the veneration completed with Moran performing the aarthi of the deities.  After that was the Shagun ceremony.

Moran were made to sit on the sofa.

The elders,came and blessed the couple, Janhavi then placed a beautiful red chunni on Monami's head. Later the elders placed the Shagun items which included coconuts, rice ,turmeric and bangles. Vijay and Zui then came forward and placed a few jewellery boxes in Monami's lap while they made Karan wear a silver chain. Moran bent down to seek their blessings. 
Next Janhavi came who made Monami wear the Khandaani Kangan and placed a silver coin on Karan's lap.
She hugged,Moran and whispered congratulations in their ears.
Later the Batra couple blessed Moran and gifted them an idol of Ladoo Gopal!Barkha gifted a pair of earings to Monami and to Karan she gave him a set of cufflinks.

Everyone then enjoyed the scrumptious Kheer prepared by Janhavi and Monami.  And everyone dispersed except Janhavi and Moran.

Karan: Mom meri aur Monami ki packing ho gayi hain,  toh main aapki help kar deta hoon packing mein.

Janhavi smiled and the trio went to Janhavi's quarters and started packing. Sometime later the packing got complete.  Moran went back to their quarters . Monami quickly changed into a comfortable dress while Karan too freshened up.  Monami was sitting near the window sill and seemed lost as she didn't notice that Karan had called her name a few times . On not getting any reply from Monami, Karan quietly sat beside Monami and held her hand in his.
This broke Monami's trance and she looked up only to see Karan looking at her with a questioning gaze!

Karan : Kya hua Monami, tum itni khoyi khoyi si kyu ho?! Koi baat hain kya?

Monami: Karan mujhe dar lag raha hain, mujhe kucch samaj nahi aa raha hain ki main kaise kahoon tumhe !

Karan : Kya hua Rani Sahiba,  kya baat hain aur Kya samjh nahi aa raha hain ?! Mujhse apne dil ki baat kaho shayad main tumhari madad kar sakta hoon.

Monami: Karan mere mann mein bahut sawaal uth rahe hain. Agar main ek acchi Maa nahi ban payi mumma aur Maa ki tarah, agar mujhse koi galti ho gayi, agar main hamare bacche ka acche se khayal nahi rakh payi....matlab hamari pregnancy ek surprise jaise hain jiske liye na tumne aur na hi maine koi baat kiya thha....
Hearing Monami 's talk, Karan decided to comfort her, he pulled her close to him and rested her head on his chest where she could hear his heart beating !

Karan: Shhhh,kitna overthink karti ho tum, maana ki tumne kabhi plan nahi kiya thha hamare future ke liye lekin ,jaise hamne apne rishte ko ek mauka dekar ek dusre ko jaana, samjha....I am sure ham milkar apne bacche ka bahut acche se khayal rakhenge.  Aur rahi baat ki tum kaisi Maa banogi toh uska jawab  yeh hain ki tum duniya ki sabse acchi Maa banogi aur ham sab insaan hain,aur agar hamse galti ho bhi jaaye toh ham apni galti sudhar sakte hain! Aur tum mujhe mujhse bhi accha jaanti ho, meri khamoshi ko sunkar tumhe pata chalta hain ki mere dil aur dimaag mein kya chal raha hain ,agar koi mujhe itne acchese jaanta hain to woh tum ho,aur mujhe pura yakeeen hain ki tum hamare bacche ko bhi bahut acchese samjhogi . Abhi yeh sab soch ke apne yeh moments mat kharaaab karo, jo bhi hoga ham saath mein milkar uska saamna karenge. Abhi bahut overthink kar liya tumne,chalo, thoda aaram karlo.

Saying so, Karan lifted Monami in his arms ,Monami snuggled more into his chest while he went and sat in the bed . They slept for a while.

In the evening, Moran walked in the park and were enjoying the gentle breeze that blew over ,touching their faces.
Karan was adoring the serene smile played on Monami's lips while she kept telling Karan about her childhood, the happy days she spent with Juhi.

Monami: Khadoos Shergill, tumhe pata hain ,jab main teen saal ki thhi, mujhe na beaches par shells collect karna bahut pasand thha.
Main aur Mumma har Sunday, ko subah , Aaksa beach par shells collect karte thhe aur phir subah ki sunrise  ko enjoy karte thhe. Uske baad Mumma mujhe , paas mein ek Snacks Stall se Vada Pav khilati thhi aur uske saath gola bhi. Ham na ab Mumbai shift ho rahe hain na ,toh abse har Sunday, ham jaldi uthkar, Aaksa beach ghoomne jayenge, waha par sunrise dekhne ka mazaa bahut hi alag hain aur saath mein,main tumhe mera  favourite Vadapav aur gola bhi khilaungi.

Karan nodded and smiled looking at Monami.

Karan : Theek hain Rani Sahiba ham har Sunday ko Aaksa beach ghoomenge aur main aapko promise karta hoon jab hamari choti Rajkumari Sahiba aa jayegi na tab ham sab milkar chalenge. Filhaal abhi bahut walk kar liya hain , chalo quarters abhi aapko dawaiyan bhi leni hain aur mujhe thoda kaam bhi karna hain.

Monami nodded and Moran walked back to their quarters.