The Emotional Reunion

After making Monami sleep which was quite a Herculean task ,as Karan was not there ,Janhavi had barely closed her eyes that her phone rang.She quickly checked the call and was surprised it was Karan's.
She answered the call and spoke in a very low voice as she didn't want to disturb Monami's sleep.

Janhavi: Beta tum kaha ho aur abhi tak kyu nahi aaye ho. Pata hain tumhari Rani Sahiba na theek se khaaya aur dawaiyaan bhi nahi lena chahati thhi. Woh toh maine usse aise taise karke khila di. Usse neend bhi tab aayi jab usse maine apni godh main sulaaya aur lori gaayi.

Karan: Maa main ek bahut important kaam ke liye nikal gaya ,I am sorry aapko meri wajah se pareshaani hui. Maa main abhi aapko kuch aisa batane waale hoon jo aap kisi aur ko mat batana, khaskar ki Monami ko . Woh uske liye surprise hain.
Karan narrates everything about Col.Vijay and Monami's relation and how they have have agreed to come to Deolali.
Janhavi agreed and thanked God, for reuniting Monami with her lost family.

Around 3.45 am , the train from Umbergaon reached Deolali Station.
Batra Sir and Karan were waiting for Col.Vijay and his family. As soon as Col. Vijay along with Zui, Barkha and Saumya who was sleeping over her Mother's shoulders unaware of her surroundings alighted, Karan and Batra Sir went to receive them. Karan carried their luggage to the jeep and everyone settled down.
Col. Vijay and Zui were filled with joy and wanted to see their grand daughter 's face, their expressions didn't go unnoticed by Karan, Barkha and Batra Sir.
To break the ice , Karan initiated the conversation.

Sir, Maam thank you so much itni short notice par yaha aane ke liye. Aur abhi aap sab bahut thak gaye hoge, lekin aap chahe toh aap Monami ko dekh sakte ho.

Col. Vijay, Zui and Barkha smiled at Karan.

Col.Vijay: Beta jab se maine jaana hain ki meri poti zinda hain main jo mehsoos kar raha hoon na woh main bata nahi sakta. 30 saal se hum tadapte rahe apni beti aur poti ke baaremein jaanane ke liye. Aaj jab Col.Batra ka call aaya, usse pehle main aur Zui Bholenath ke Mandir gaye thhey ,aur Karan aise lag raha hain hamari barso ki tapasya aaj jaake fhal dega.

Saying so , Col.Vijay wiped his own tears that had started lingering down from his eyes and also Zui' s tears who was silently crying.
Since it was quite late at night, most of the roads where free and they reached the Academy quarters in about half an hour. Karan and few guards helped settle Col.Vijay's luggage in their quarters . Karan took Col.Vijay and Zui to his quarters. He had a set of spare keys. He opened the door carefully without making noise and switched on the lights in the hall.

Janhavi sensed that Karan had reached home. So she went to the hall , and was surprised seeing an elderly couple in the hall , she immediately realized that they could Col. Vijay and Zui. She went to them and folded her hands in a Namaste and greeted them. She bent to seek their blessings and they happily blessed her.
Karan and Janhavi escorted them to Karan and Monami's room. Karan switched on the dim lights.

Seeing their grand daughter, sleeping with a cute pout on her face ( as she was missing Khadoos Shergill's warmth), their eyes welled up with tears their hearts were filled with immense joy. Col.Vijay and Zui sat on either side and caressed her hair .
Monami's pout vanished and she smiled in her sleep. Janhavi and Karan who had been noticing their emotions, started feeling emotional. Their eyes were filled with tears .

After a few minutes , Col.Vijay and Zui took leave and left for their quarters. Janhavi left to her quarters meanwhile, Karan quickly changed and went to sleep beside Monami. He hugged her and feeling his warmth , Monami snuggled into him. Karan smiled at her cute childish antics and pressed his forehead against her and slept.

The next morning, Karan woke up around 9.00 am and saw that Monami was still sleeping. He caressed her hair and pecked her forehead.
He then started his favourite job of admiring her , Monami felt someone staring at her so she slowly opened her eyes and was lost in the brown orbs of her Khadoos Shergill. Their trance broke when they heard the doorbell ring.
Karan quickly got up and checked who was at the door.

It was Batra Maam who had come to check upon Monami's health.
Karan welcomed Batra Maam and made her sit comfortably in the hall.
Meanwhile Monami had managed to freshen up and went to the hall.
Seeing Monami, Batra Maam hugged her and asked her about her well being.

Batra Maam: Beta abhi tumhari tabiyat kaisi hain pata hain main bahut ghabra gayi thhi, tumhare accident ke baaremein sunke. Pata hain main kabhi Maa nahi ban paayi lekin jabse tumse mili hoon, tumne mujhe Maa ka darja diya hain. Ek pal ke liye laga jaise maine apni beti ko kho diya. Main bahut dar gayi thhi baccha. Aur main tumhare liye tumhare favourite cookies bana ke laayi hoon, khakhar batana kaise bane hain.

Monami felt overwhelmed by the motherly affection of Batra Maam. She hugged her and shed tears of happiness.
As almost a major portion of her childhood and growing up years she always craved for love especially after Juhi 's death and now she is showered with so much love that she is extremely grateful for.

Monami: Maam aap nahi janti mujhe kitna accha mehsoos ho raha hain. Pata hain main bahut lucky hoon ki mujhe ek nahi 3 Maa mili hain. Ek Juhi Maa,dusri Janhavi Maa aur teesri Aap Hain. Aur ab toh main bahut jald theek ho jaungi aur main aapke saare cookies khane wali hoon aur kisi ke saath share nahi karne wali hoon.

Batra Maam smiled at Monami and kissed her forehead and left giving privacy to the couple.

After Batra Maam left, Monami went to Karan and hugged him.

Monami: Pata hain Karan aaj mujhe bahut khushi huyi yeh jaankar ki meri ek nahi teen Maa hain. Par main tumse naraaz hoon, kal raat dinner ke liye kyu nahi aaye, pata hain maine tumhe bahut miss kiya .

Karan : Rani Sahiba, main chahata hoon ki aapko isse bhi zyaada pyaar mile .
Aur main kaan pakadke, maafi mangta hoon ( Karan cutely holds his ears), lekin ek bahut important kaam thha Batra Sir ke saath. Lekin mere paas aapki naraazgi dur karne ke liye ek surprise hain.
Mujhe 10minutes dijiye main jaldi freshen up hope aata hoon.

Monami nodded her head in a yes and Karan quickly left to get ready.Meanwhile Monami took her morning dose of medicines and was wondering what could be her surprise. She was thinking about her surprise when she heard her tummy grumbling and she realized she was really very hungry as she didn't have dinner properly.

She started munching on the cookies that Batra Maam had given and made a note to get groceries the next day as Karan would be free and would help her .
Karan had freshened up and came to the hall and admired Monami cutely having the cookies.

Karan: Rani Sahiba mess mein chalte hain, kyunki aapko dekhkar mujhe pata chala hain ki aapko kitni bhook lagi hain.
Monami nodded and they left together towards the mess.

In the mess, Col.Vijay, Zui, Barkha,Saumya were sitting with Faizi, Sid, Sanju,and Janhavi. Although everyone were talking two pairs of eyes were continuously glancing at the entrance.
At that moment, Monami and Karan entered the mess , busy pulling each other's leg.

Monami stopped ,looking at Col. Vijay, Zui, Barkha and Saumya.

Saumya who recognized Monami as she was the one who took care if her in the hospital during the blasts, got down from Barkha's lap and ran to Monami and hugged her.

Saumya: Aap kaisi hain Doctol aunly ( since she is hardly 4 years old ,she didn't pronounce well)

Monami smiled at Saumya affectionately and told that after meeting her she was doing perfectly fine !

Saumya hugged Karan too and asked him and Monami to bend down to her level.
They bent to her level and she kissed their cheeks. They smiled at her antics and kissed her cheeks from either side. Saumya held Monami's hand and took her to the table meanwhile Karan went to get breakfast for himself and Monami.

Karan settled himself next to Monami and started feeding her and alongside started having his breakfast.

Col.Vijay and Zui admired the couple and prayed for their togetherness.
Monami noticed Col.Vijay and Zui and greeted them .
They smiled hearing her voice and seeing her etiquettes they were impressed.
They greeted her.
After breakfast, Karan told Monami that her surprise was Col.Vijay and Zui, who were her Maternal Grandparents.

Monami was shocked by the sudden revelation, it took her a few minutes to take in the news that her Maternal Grandparents are alive and she too has a maternal family.
Tears started dropping from her eyes.

She started walking towards them with her childhood memories flashing, the good memories she had with Juhi.
She hugged Col.Vijay and Zui tightly and started shedding silent tears. Even they hugged her back and everyone else became emotional seeing the trio.