Dante

Evelyn's picture with that man flooded the news and it's safe to say I got a shit ton of threats from her father, he hated my guts. Almost six months since I divorced Evelyn only to realize that this house was filled with her, everywhere in this house reminded me of her.

My problem was that I hooked up with three other women after the divorce, and I was now in my office after rejecting the fourth hook up, surprisingly. I needed to forget her but I just couldn't, I couldn't even run the business without her presence. Moreover I sent Ronan to follow her around from afar. And well, Rose found out about what I did and she's pretty fucking pissed at me for doing as my father said. I wouldn't have done it if he didn't threaten me with her job, Evelyn loved her job and to be the reason her career would be ruined sucked.

On top of all of that Amber threatened to kill me and Mia threatened to force Sebastian to cut me off completely. Just fucking great.

"Ma'am you can't come in like that!" My assistant loudly said, causing me to look over at the door to see Evelyn. "Sarah you can leave, shut the door on your way out." I ordered her, and once she was gone Evelyn wasted no time in getting to the point. "Unless you want Ronan's dead body sent to you, don't send anyone to fucking follow me, got it? You wanted to get a divorce, and guess what? You got it." Evelyn says, causing me to stand up and think back to that night, did she forget how she almost begged me to not leave her? Now, she's out of love, yeah I don't think so.

"You know what though...What a fucking shame that we wasted almost six months because you didn't come to me!" Evelyn yelled at me, my office wasn't soundproof. "Lower your voice please..." I nervously asked her knowing for the remainder of this lecture she was going to give me an attitude. "No, I'm the one that asks questions. Why did you send Ronan to follow me?" Evelyn asks.

"I don't know"
"Bullshit."
"Why did you make Ronan follow me?"

"Because I still love you." I finally let out, feeling relieved only to realize that's the wrong feeling. "Too late!" Evelyn yells at me, "Nothing happened in the way I thought it would, okay!" I retorted back at her regretting it the moment those words came out of my mouth. "I still love you, I promise." I repeated more for myself than for her, my brain was screwing me over.

Evelyn turns around to exit and I don't think twice before blocking her way. "I'm done yelling at you, let me go." Evelyn firmly says, and I shake my head. I guess I'm the stubborn one now...

"I'm sorry." I muttered not believing I had said those words to her, "did you say that to the girls you hooked up with?" Evelyn asked and my brain went blank. I had no excuse and not even a single statement to make this situation any better. "Who am I kidding! You're Dante Romano, millionaire that everyone wants to fuck right?" Evelyn's sarcasm only gets worse by the minute, leaving me no choice but to release a sigh.

"Evelyn, don't talk to me like the public does!" I yell at her not realizing I had, shit. "I did all of this because I love you." I yelled at her before taking a deep breath that was very much needed. Evelyn's eyes filled with horror, almost like she didn't believe it.

"I know hooking up with those women was a mistake, but I tried to forget you and I just couldn't." I admitted as a tear fell from Evelyn's eyes, "you threw everything we had away, you only see me because I'm helping Rose. Other than that, don't expect to see me." Evelyn says with an attitude, gosh she's so hot when she's mad.

"Just give me another chance." I plead, fucking hell I have never begged a woman to give me a chance and here I am.

"I thought you didn't commit..." Evelyn teases me as she wiped away her tears, she must have been on her period to have switched moods that quick. "Well now I do. Gosh Evelyn my life has been miserable without you."

"I have a boyfriend, Dante." The air becomes thick, and thicker by the second. "I can't leave him just because you decide you want me back."

"Yes you can." I order her, forcing a smile. "I'll kill him Eve, I'll fucking kill him." I warn her not to miss the fear that takes over her face. "You're a damn monster!" She yells at me before trying to leave the office before successfully doing so.

"Don't let her leave. Evacuate everyone else." I demanded my secretary knowing what I was doing wasn't right, but I wasn't going to let my girl-my ex wife- go out with a complete asshole.

I make my way down the stairs when I know everyone except her is gone, I see Evelyn struggling to open the door. She was so cute trying to open the door, but she was too stubborn and I guess I loved that stubbornness.

"Evelyn, you're not leaving until we come to a conclusion." I say, causing her to turn around, "this is making me hate you more." Evelyn says and I chuckle because I know she doesn't mean that. I know. She can't say something like that after everything we went through together, she just can't.

"Listen. I have a life now, a life that doesn't revolve around cameras and social media. I have my own life, and I don't want to have cameras following me everywhere I go again. I'm not used to it and I don't want to be." Evelyn said, looking more sincere than she had ever been.

"Why won't you understand that I did this for you? Imagine if I hadn't done this for you, you wouldn't have your job." I say as her face fills with anger and range but most importantly regret. "This can be talked about later, your sister's recovery is what matters to me right now. Which reminds me." Evelyn pauses, "I'm going to move into your guest house to make sure I'm there every minute that Rose needs. Oh, and fire that shitty nurse you got." Evelyn says, sitting down on the receptionist chair.

One thing didn't make sense to me, how much she cared for Rose. I didn't mind delaying our conversations, they were going to happen either way. She's doing a lot for Rose, one day I'm going to marry this woman, for real this time.

"Evelyn." I say walking to her slowly, I couldn't think. My brain was making me do things I didn't know about, I didn't know I was pinning her against the wall until she called my name. My brain wasn't going to let her go.

"What the hell! Let me go!" Evelyn yelled at me, she was fuming mad. "Dante, I don't know what you're doing but this isn't you. Look at me," Evelyn's hand tilts my face causing me to look at her. "Dante this isn't you. You ask for permission when you touch me, you don't do it like an idiot." Evelyn wraps her arm around me and this time it felt sincere, apart from when she called me an idiot. People see right through me, they see right through me, Evelyn doesn't.

"You're a good brother, and you were a 'good husband' " Evelyn says pulling away.

"Your boyfriend makes me furious"

"Move on with your life like I did with mine."

That was the problem. 

It was supposed to be easy for me to move on. I was supposed to e in love and in a relationship with someone else, but I couldn't forget her. Not after everything we've been through. 

Not after the deep conversations we had. 

Not after the love we had for each other.