Evelyn

Evelyn: 

"Go easy on him Eve, he's going through a lot." Seb said as he drove, I noticed how Seb drove carefully unlike Dante who drove like we had multiple lives. "I'm going through shit too." I mumbled leaning my head against the cold December window. I hated arguing with anyone, but Dante was selfish. He wanted everything to be about him, and him only. Sure maybe that kiss was ok, but he was an ass and my hate for him could never go away.

"We're here." Seb said, opening my door for me, I stepped out to be met with my mother alongside Rose. Rose ran to me, hugging me as if I'd disappear. "I was so scared." She whispered in my ear, I felt guilty for letting a poor child be worried about me. "If my brother hurt you I can get revenge for you..." Rose said with a devilish grin, causing me to laugh. Just then his car came into the driveway as he stared at us with complete hatred.

"Can you talk to him, I don't want him to be sad..." Rose pleaded, I agreed only because I couldn't see her sad. Before he could leave his car I entered the passenger seat, his eyes widened at the sight of me. "I'm sorry for yelling at you." I apologized insincerely, he glared at me. Just then, I noticed the hickey on his collarbone that he probably thought was covered. Once I put my hands on it, he tensed, he was now caught. "Wait so I'm not allowed to get laid but you can have another woman give you a hickey?" I asked him frustrated, "you just technically cheated on your wife!" I yell at him, moments go before he erupts into my favorite laughter. Day by day I found myself getting addicted to the sound of his laughter. "I thought this was a fake mirage?" He smirked, "rub it with your finger." He ordered, I glared at him unsure why he wanted me to touch his hickey. The hickey another woman gave him. My eyes twitch when he grabs my thumb, placing on the disgusting hickey. Once I rub it started to come off, the hickey was coming off. It was makeup, it was fake.

"I don't cheat on my wife or fake wife, but I've gotta say you looked pretty jealous dear wife." He teased holding my hand, "I'm starting to think you're into me." He said getting out of the car, I leave the car and watched him greet Rose. As far as anyone knew Dante was a coldhearted narcissist, but what the public didn't know was that underneath the heartless man was one that was even worse.

I head inside with Sebastian as my parents sit on the couch with Dante, I chose to sit down with them to cherish the time I have left with them. "She was very introverted, she'd get shy of speaking to her own pet." My mother laughed alongside everyone else, "well she's incredibly stubborn now so here's to that." Dante laughed, flashing me a grin. Dante's father walked in sitting beside Dante. "It's very nice to meet you both, you raised a wonderful daughter." Mr. Romano spoke up, shocking Dante, Seb and I.

I'd always thought Mr. Romano was rude or self absorant, "she's an amazing daughter in law." Mr. Romano flashed me a smile, I smiled back at him feeling grateful for this new version of him. "I'd never seen two people so in love in my entire life, they're love is one of a kind." My father in law spoke, causing a huge smile to take over my face.

I stay still when Dante's hand finds its way around my waist, as it gently pushes me to rest my head on his shoulder, asshole. We all talk for a while, a while that will never be forgotten. "We should go get some rest before our flight." My parents say before waving to me as they head upstairs. "Sweetheart has Dante told you about the business charity event?" I nod to my father in law, "It'd be nice if you went, if you want to of course." Mr. Romano finished off. "I'd love to." I flashed him the 100th smile in the last few hours. "I haven't seen Dante happy in this long, I gotta give you credit." Mr. Romano chuckles before also going upstairs.

"I like how nice your dad is acting, I feel bad for judging him." I say to Dante who got his cold expression back, "Don't. It's just a fucking show he's putting on." Dante said getting up, "I should probably go, night guys." Seb said leaving, now it was just the two of us.

I avoid any useless arguments and choose to head upstairs. I got changed into a nightgown that exposed my thighs. I grabbed my phone and hopped into bed just before Dante came in, heading straight to the bathroom. Today he was going to have to sleep on the couch, he was going to get punished for being an ass. For a man who took so much time out of his life to pretend to have a hickey, he's still an ass.

Sure, maybe I looked upset but I couldn't help it. In the past month, I've felt a stupid connection between me and Dante, as if we had some sort of connection. A connection that I have never felt with anyone, a connection that was fearless, that had some sort of spark.

I never really understood his hatred for his Dad, but sometimes I wonder if his father ever cheated on his mother. If his father had hurt him mentally, if not physically. As if knowing I was thinking about him, Dante came out of the bathroom in shorts. I grab his pillow and hand it to him, "you're on the couch tonight." I told him, immediately receiving a frown. He definitely didn't see that one coming.

"You've got to be kidding me!" He was still unsure if I was serious or not. 

Thank you for reading!!!! Don't forget to comment and vote! Love you all so dearly!