Evelyn

Evelyn:

Dante walks out of the room, looking shocked, in a pitiful way. I realized I was crying, unintentionally. "I'm fine." I say giving him a slight smile, it was all fake. I found that every time I smiled it didn't feel real. "You can always talk to me, you know." He said as I nodded, I could but I didn't want to come out as this weak woman. Guys don't like weak women, they take advantage of them. But Dante wasn't like that, he was different. He was the kind of friend who would do anything and everything to understand you. "Let's go on a walk." Dante suggested, "Rose-" I couldn't come up with an excuse because he backed it up. "Seb is on his way." Dante said as we quietly walked downstairs and out the door, neither of us spoke a word.

"I get it your father wants you to leave, huh" Dante chuckles. "You know, you might as well listen to him. I mean, I'm not a guy who commits, I lost that commitment." Dante said and my heart broke, when we walked outside he began to speak more. "My mom died when I was young, I started copying my father's habits. I lost the ability to commit to a relationship. I don't know how to love someone, it's just not what I can do." Dante said, I looked up at him to see his expression extremely vulnerable. I didn't know what to do, hug him or comfort him, I didn't know. "I mean that's why we're friends, to be there for each other." I smile at him but that only seems to piss him off even more. "Evelyn I can't be your friend, because I can't stop thinking of you." Dante said and I felt a knot form in my stomach. I wasn't good with conversations like this. In the past if a guy ever told me that I came up with an excuse and left them there. "I want to be able to call you mine, to know you're mine and no one else would be able to call you that but me." Dante said as we walked.

It wasn't going to work, whether we both wanted it or not it just couldn't happen. He was used to going out and having cameras flashing at him, he was used to attending parties and events, I wasn't. I wasn't used to anything that his lifestyle had. "Dante I don't think that's a good idea." I say to him as we keep walking, he nods at me. Dante nodding scared me, because I knew that he felt hurt. "I get it, you're not into selfish rich assholes." Dante says with a chuckle. Fuck! "You're not selfish and you aren't an asshole. I just... I've never been in a relationship before." I speak up and he stops in his tracks.

I was waiting for him to laugh at me but instead he was just shocked. "You can laugh." I told him as I walked ahead, he pulled me back. "I'm not going to laugh. I mean Jesus Evelyn, you're beautiful and smart, how could you not have been in one relationship?" Dante asked but I had no valid answer. "Because I just can't. I can't deal with so many people expecting so much from me. I can't be everything they want me to be." I pause. "When my dad thanked me for 'paying off his debt' he said I was great for my age. I don't want to be great though I want to be good. I can't deal with someone else wanting a lot from me." I say sitting down on the bench. "Everyone says you know you're young, you have your life ahead of you, but it feels like I'm coming to an end with my life. Like I'm in this nightmare, that just won't end."

"Evelyn, you're such a great fucking actress no one would have known you were suffering." Dante said to me as he pulled me up. "I can wait until you're ready for me to take you out but I want you to know that I don't expect you to be perfect. We both have flaws and that's what makes us who we are. I want you for the sour and the sweet, I want to be there for you." Dante says before hugging me. For the first time in my life I felt completely safe in a man's arms, completely safe. Maybe Dante was what I needed?
I pulled back and looked up at him, "I'll let you take me out." I smiled at him. Without thinking twice Dante picked me up, and spun me in the air. Laughter filled the trail as I laughed at him, he was so happy I wanted to keep him happy like this. Once he put me down he blocked any second thoughts that I ever had. "I hope you know I'm not doing this to sleep with you, in fact I don't even care about that and this isn't a one time thing." He paused before finishing off, "I want to be your boyfriend and eventually your real husband." Dante smiled at me as my cheeks turned red, gosh this feeling was nice. I couldn't tell if it was love or admiration.

"Too early or too late, I think I'm starting to like your presence around us all." Dante says as we walk back, "yeah, feels nice. If you make me regret telling you everything I will kick you in the balls." I threaten him, as a smirk takes over his face. 

Our hands intertwining felt like two worlds coming together. Like countries having peace. Everyday with Dante felt like a fairytale, and today was definitely a fairytale. 

Hello beautiful people!

We are so thankful for all the love we have been getting! It truly feels unreal.

We're updating more than one chapter this week because we won't update for a month due to vacation reasons. Love you all!

Don't forget to vote!