Dante

Dante: 

I layed on the couch staring at the patterns on the ceiling. Was I being an ass today for protecting her? After all she's a stubborn self-centered person too.

I was protecting her though, I was protecting her from the cameras. She'd be dumb enough to notice that every step she took outside, the paparazzi would be on their way to photograph. Our marriage wasn't as real as it looked but I like to think we're strangers who just needed the benefits of this marriage. Gosh I can't wait to divorce her, to finally have a peaceful life again. I couldn't help but think about my life in the next few months. I wasn't even allowed to touch her, but I couldn't go to another woman because then I'm cheating.

I wondered if she had been thinking about our kiss as much as I have. I knew damn well she enjoyed it as much as I had, she was too scared to admit it, but so was I.

I turned to get a glimpse of her to realize she wasn't in bed. I got up and headed downstairs in hope to find her. Once I am a few feet from the kitchen, I hear her and my father speaking. I stop in my tracks standing beside the wall. "It's obvious that my own son hates me Evelyn, this hate is going to follow him everywhere. Who knows if he's going to grow to hate you too..." My father said, "I know it's none of my business but you cheated on his mom in front of him, obviously he's going to hate you. I mean no offense but you don't even care for Rose and she's your daughter. His hate for you was all because of you, and it's your choice if you want to get your son back." Eve spoke before I walked in.

Both their heads snap to me, "Jesus, were you listening?" I nod at my fathers words,

"Rose isn't his daughter until he treats her like it," I point to my father. " Until you prove yourself that you can be a father to her you're not taking her anywhere without my permission." I say to both of them.

"Dante, he's trying to get better, be a little grateful." Evelyn says, holding my hand as we walk up the staircase. "Evelyn, he's not getting better, stop trying to fix something you have no part in. This is a family matter, nothing for you to be involved in." My words come out harsher than I intended. She looked at me with an uncertain look "you really are what the public calls you." She says before walking back into our room.

I was the one that proposed the deal to her yet I just told her she was not a part of this. I know she was trying to help but the idea of her getting closer to my father bothered me. I knew how disgusting he was, how he always went for younger women. I couldn't stand the idea of him and Evelyn hooking up, it caused my blood to boil, it made me want to kill him with my bare hands.

When I enter our room, I notice she is on the phone with a guy, one I don't recognize. "Cool, I'll see you tomorrow." She says ending the call as I glare at her. "Who is he?" I ask, earning a smirk, "are you jealous dear husband?"

"Bullshit." I say turning my attention back to her, "he's my cousin. He's in New York so I invited him to go clubbing." She says casually as if it's not bad enough. "You're not going clubbing." I say sitting back on the couch. "Yes I am." "No you're not."

"I make the rules here" I try to sound convincing but instead I sound like a fool. "You make the rules for other people, not for me, I decide how I want to live my life,?" She grins. "get a life. Not everything is about you." I mumble as she gets up, "I'm going to say bye to my parents before they leave." Eve said, looking a little sad.

—---------------- A few hours later —--- —-----------------------

I watch as Evelyn puts on her make-up. She wasn't lying when she said she was going all out tonight. Her dress hugged her bottom, as it rode up her thigh with every move she made. "Quit gawking asshole." Eve says before I turned my head to the side, I found myself forgetting that she wasn't mine. At least not yet.