Dante

Dante:

I woke up with a smile on my face as I saw a message from Evelyn saying she was on her way. I'm not sure why I was even smiling, maybe I was happy to finally take over the business. I wore joggers with a T-shirt that framed my abs just as much as I wanted them. I find myself smiling as I shave my face, giving it a clean shave causing it to glow. Damn, I was handsome.

I fix my messy hair and walk over to check on Rose who was wide awake reading a book, she loved books. Another thing she got from my mother. "Morning princess." I greeted her as I walked into the room, sitting down at the edge of her bed.

"Do you remember Evelyn? The girl who came in about a week ago for some deal before we got ice cream?" I ask my beloved sisters who return a nod. "We're getting married." I say embarrassed because I knew I was going to get teased, Rose never stopped teasing me. She loved using anything against me in the cutest way possible.

"Oooooo my brother is in love!" She teased, jumping into my arms, "I want seven nieces and nephews!" She demanded causing me to choke on air.

I get up once the doorbell rings and sprint down the stairs as fast as I could. When I get to the front door I take a long and deep breath in before opening. "Hi." She greeted me before my father appeared, I was quick to hug her. "Hi baby." I say before pulling away, my father looked confused at the nickname. I had never called a girl 'baby' or even a simple nickname.

"Father this is Eve, my fiance."

"You're telling me you went and bought some slut, and expect me to believe my son would care to get married?"

I found myself getting angrier at every word, "watch your fucking tone when you speak about my wife." I retorted, before eventually taking Evelyn to my office. I noticed she didn't have a smile on her face, it annoyed me. We were supposed to be able to stand each other.

"Ok so about that text yesterday... I'm not scared I just won't sleep next to a dickhead." She said signing the papers, "is that it?" She asked getting up, leaving me disappointed.

" I was thinking we could talk over breakfast?" I suggested in hope she'd agree, instead she burst out laughing. The sounds of her innocent and gentle laugh filled the room. "You're asking me on a date?" She laughed, I shook my head. "I don't do dates Beaumont." I cleared it up.

"You're obsessed with me!" She teased laughing, it was not funny. It wasn't funny because I couldn't stop thinking about her, about how we'd live. I'd wonder at night if we were ever going to keep the marriage going or if we'd get a divorce. I liked to believe we'd divorce because I wouldn't commit, I never did. In this world, I don't think I would ever find a woman who would see through my coldness, be willing to help me warm up to people. I doubted I could warm up to a woman, maybe it's because I never cared to try, or maybe the right one never came. Every girl I knew wanted me for my money, for who my family was, not because they wanted me for me. Now, me being obsessed with Evelyn was in her wildest dreams.

"Yeah right" I scoff, she grinned at me causing a slight grin to take over my lips. "Okay so let's pretend to act like husband and wife." She started, "like real ones."

I stood up and walked over to her, slowly taking my time before tucking her hair behind her ears. "W-what are you doing?" She asked me bluntly, "acting like you're my wife- which you are now." I whispered in her ear, her breath increased, almost as if she could collapse. Her hands were trembling, she was scared of me. Fuck. Was I that scary?
I backed off noticing the relieved breath she released, "why did I scare you? I wasn't going to kill you." I asked her sitting down on my chair, "I don't know." She said nervously.

We sat there in silence just looking into each other's eyes, almost as if they were our home. It was weird, I'd never made eye contact like this before. Looking into her eyes made me realize why everyone was obsessed with her, she was beautiful. The way her wavy hair fell in front of her shoulders, how when she smiled her eyes shined, how whenever she would glare she would bite her bottom lips to keep her from laughing. I found myself paying attention to every minor detail of that woman. Jesus. Afterall all these things were important, hence she was going to become my wife, Mrs. Romano.

"Quit gawking at me Romano." I adored when she called me by my last name, it made her sound badass. "What now?" She asked and I grinned, "you want to act like a married couple right?" I asked her, earning a nod as a confused expression filled her face, "married couples have sex" I offer, unable to keep my smirk hidden, "that's it! I'm backing out." Evelyn adorably said getting up, unaware that I could see the cute shade of pink take over her cheeks. To know I did that to a woman who mattered to me- a little - caused me to smile at her.

"I'm kidding, baby." I cleared up as she sat down looking as bored as bored can be. "Are we ever going to have a divorce?" She asked, causing my jaw to clench. "Do you want to get a divorce already?" I asked receiving a no. "Then don't ask again." I said working on a few business deals, almost forgetting she was here. "I have a business ball that I need to go to in a few weeks, you're coming." I spoke up, noticing how her face lit up.

"Are there like hookers there, like a club?" She asked, I felt the anger build inside of me. "You're fucking married to me, do not speak of anything like that again." I warn her, earning a laugh, "we're not in love Dante, it's a deal. We aren't married because we're in love. Don't expect to throw away my needs because you don't want me to get laid." She fired back, shocking me.

"If you have needs then ask me to satisfy those needs Eve, do not ever ask another man unless you want him dead in front of your eyes." I ordered her, she looked at me as her eyes were filled with shock. So shocked as in she had never expected me to say anything like that.

Sure, I wasn't a very committing guy but when I was in a relationship with someone I would be loyal. Cheaters disgusted me, they were pathetic; exactly like my father.

We're back! Sorry for the long wait, school is a bummer! We will definitely update more, hopefully each week! Thank you for reading! Don't forget to vote and comment!